First turning for months

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richburrow

Established Member
Reaction score
I have spun this out for the secret santa at work. Ages away from the lathe and this was good fun, really enjoyed getting dusty.

P1000208.jpg

Very nice =D>

I like the simple lines that allow the grain pattern to show through, and you have produced an excellent finish :D

Someone will be pleased :lol:

Malc :ho2

nice one - feels really nice to be back at the lathe doesn't it. When that happens I always resolve not to leave it so long till the next time and then oftne do :(

Miles

Thanks lads, nice to hear from you again.
It is Walnut and is around 20cm dia.
I know what you mean miles, I am itching to get out their again, still havn't fitted the vari speed motor :oops:
Have you sorted yours out?

That looks mighty fine Rich =D>

Can`t believe its a year since we fixed ya gutter, we both need to do more turning. :D

Thanks lads, good to hear from you all, I hope you all have a good christmas.
Doug, I cant believe it is a year as well, time does fly past, hope to see you at mad dogs soon.
Callum, great to hear from you, hope to see you soon. Where are the pics from you new lathe?

I have been back on it tonight. This is for a friend who is losing his sight. He loves wood and has worked with it for years. My thought was do something big and have a nice feel to it.
Maple / 12inch dia / sanded crazy, silky to the touch!!!!!

P1000209.jpg

P1000210.jpg

P1000212.jpg

that is something special Rich and a lovely sentiment too. As you know, there is a blank with your name on it sitting in my cabin waiting to be a bowl/platter, see you soon mate..

I agree with you Callum, it is my favourite as well. It is Oak.
I am at my mums now for Christmas, so I will be inspecting the carnage left by the roofers, Chas will know what I mean.
I hope you all have a really good Christmas and a happy dusty new year :ho2

Rich

Back