Find me - A single cordless drill cheap cheap cheap

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
My sisters 15 year old rubbish cordless drill has finally died. Which is pretty amazing as its one of those cheap unbranded things nobody here would likely ever consider.

So she has expressed interest in me getting her one for xmas.

I've 3 Bosch(no im not giving her one of mine, forget such notions) But if I get her a single bosch, i can pinch one of the batteries. She said she only needs a single battery.
And it needs to be a combo, so hammer action is a given.

Anything about ?

I have spotted this from a bit of googling.
She's only ever using it occasionally, and its small enough for diy tasks, but also has hammer action
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19608059...Jzu5TL6l9qNbwoP7nwPEl1+A==|tkp:Bk9SR9ii-JOIYw

I have this drill as part of a drill/impact driver kit.
Both tools are small and light but surprisingly competent.
I happily drill 6mm and 8mm holes into masonry with the drill in hammer mode and the batteries seem to last ages on each charge.
Both tools feel well made too with perhaps the exception of the plastic drill chuck. I have not had any issues with the chuck, just feels a bit cheap compared to the rest of the kit.

I have this drill as part of a drill/impact driver kit.
Both tools are small and light but surprisingly competent.
I happily drill 6mm and 8mm holes into masonry with the drill in hammer mode and the batteries seem to last ages on each charge.
Both tools feel well made too with perhaps the exception of the plastic drill chuck. I have not had any issues with the chuck, just feels a bit cheap compared to the rest of the kit.
Extra discount on this one, only £50-81!

Extra discount on this one, only £50-81!
The discount gives £60.81, i guess you hit the wrong button, but never mind. Anyway its done now.
If you already have Bosch stuff it makes sense to keep with that system for compatibility, so what about this for just a few £ more than some odd ball drill?
https://www.kelvinpowertools.com/bo...r1C5ZmOM691RJJwfImTS29SwpMES4AVRoCySgQAvD_BwE
As above, too late I've hit the button on the 12v. and tbh thats more than enough.

Sure i could pinch one of those 18v batteries or loan her any of mine(I've 2x4ah,2x3ah,2x2ah) but it adds to the weight especially the bigger ones and again its an occasional tool for her, putting in the odd screw or putting up the odd shelf.
Anything major needs done I can lend her my 18v as I've done in the past, or do it myself.

This is just a simple neat little drill, quite cute and quaint and under 70 quid.

Last edited:
Duly arrived and I think she'll be very happy with her new drill.
Feels well made(Bosch pro.so you'd expect that) and its a good weight, not too light,not too heavy, but heavy enough if you know what I mean.
Comes in a nice little bosch case, which is quite neat and tidy and dare I say it.. girlie.
Has a job light too.

A very good price I think, at £68.
Only niggle is the charger is basic, with charging times hard to find exactly, though I think i did see its something like 90mins, which while a hell of a long time compared to my own 20-30mins on 18v , it's certainly considerably better than her previous, which was over 5 hours. plus its got the 2 batteries where the previous only had the one. I could be wrong on the charge time and its less, but it is only a basic charger.

So all in all an ideal Xmas prezzie.

that does seem a good price, I often use a 12v makita drill and impact twin set, I do find the drill a bit underpowered compared to a decent 18v drill, but the impact driver is brilliant for driving screws (i'm not driving big lag screws etc) super lighweight and you really notice the difference when you work above your head, also not so bulky that it gets in the way if you hang it from your belt

I have a couple of 12v bauker drills which for the older chaps are brilliant, easy to drive in 100mm x5 mm screws in.

My sisters 15 year old rubbish cordless drill has finally died. Which is pretty amazing as its one of those cheap unbranded things nobody here would likely ever consider.

So she has expressed interest in me getting her one for xmas.

I've 3 Bosch(no im not giving her one of mine, forget such notions) But if I get her a single bosch, i can pinch one of the batteries. She said she only needs a single battery.
And it needs to be a combo, so hammer action is a given.

Anything about ?
What’s your budget, and what’s she likely to use it for?
If she’s anything like my sister then light and less powerful would be better, and so if so, you’re probably after a drill driver. In which case i got a cheapo one from B&Q ages ago, it’s made by mccallister, the weight is really well balanced making it very easy to use, but it is a bit weak. So if she’s only drilling into plasterboard to hang pictures and the like then it’s ideal. Anything else it’s probably not up to the task.

What’s your budget, and what’s she likely to use it for?
If she’s anything like my sister then light and less powerful would be better, and so if so, you’re probably after a drill driver. In which case i got a cheapo one from B&Q ages ago, it’s made by mccallister, the weight is really well balanced making it very easy to use, but it is a bit weak. So if she’s only drilling into plasterboard to hang pictures and the like then it’s ideal. Anything else it’s probably not up to the task.

Read the rest of the thread. I've already bought it, paid for and delivered ;)

Too late, I've bought the Bosch one :LOL:

FFX has a 15% off code and the total cost was £67.96. I've bought a fair few bits of FFX so i know its totally reputable.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/355224478720?epid=4061647886&hash=item52b5076400:g:tCoAAOSw2mllaE9yThe one in your link im kind of thinking of weight as well. the 12v 2ah is going to be considerably lighter than a big battery and drill like that. and its two quid cheaper.
Have the exact same drill, though mine came in a slightly different case and with 1.5Ah batteries. Absolutely love it, most used drill. Obviously it won't win any power competitions and at times I have found it frustratingly slow - not impracticably slow, just slower than I was expecting. However the light weight and good balance make it the one you first pick up for 90% of tasks.

Had to do some emergency repairs to a collapsed bed a couple of weeks back, was one of those "fix in place without shifting surrounding clutter" tasks. It was one of those tasks you are conscously grateful for the tool in those "upside down" or "driving towards you" moments.

Back