Europlan Lutz P/T

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get a repair or parts for a europlan P/T made by Lutz ? Google just brings up German stuff and i cant get in contact with southern woodworking who im told supplied the machine .
Thanks in advance :D

Southern Woodworking have moved I think. Quite a distance, so probably changed area code, so possibly you have an old telephone number for them?

Adam

They moved from Littlehampton to Southampton a couple of years ago. I have heard recently that they may no longer be in business however I'm not certain of this.

They were / are the sole UK importer for Lutz so you may struggle if they have gone.

They were / are the sole UK importer for Lutz so you may struggle if they have gone.

Oh Lutz !
Ive fixed the thicknesser bed but i still need a part for the outfeed roller and also today for some reason the safety cover decided it wanted to play with the block !!! Hell of a bang just as i was feeding some timber in :shock: So i may also need a new block and cover . ( haven't checked yet cause i was swearing to much )

Some one maybe able to tell me why it keeps blowing the fuse on the 13amp plug ???

JFC":8qgv4fwl said:
Some one maybe able to tell me why it keeps blowing the fuse on the 13amp plug ???

Either a weak supply (are you using it in a garage, if so the supply to the garage might not be strong enough), or if you are using the machine with an extension cable it may be too long.

If you can give us an idea of where you are using it, extension lead etc I might be able to give you a better idea :wink:

If i use it on its own extension lead its fine but if i plug in to a gang lead it blows . It doesn't happen all the time but the lead is too short not to have it on an extension lead . It sounds like its struggling to get up to speed before it blows .It blows the fuse on the machine not the lead . This machine has been a nightmare from the start ](*,)

I purchased a KDR PT a year ago when I visited the 'showroom' at Eastleigh, I think it was more or less a one man band but I found the MD quite a nice chap -David Snape is his name and the address is. Unit 5 Aercon Bld, Woodside rd, Boyatt Wood Ind. Est. Eastleigh, Hants SO50 4EZ. phone 0870 0500535, mobile 07990 572 502

hope this helps
Mike[/quote]

JFC":14cwwptc said:
If i use it on its own extension lead its fine but if i plug in to a gang lead it blows . It doesn't happen all the time but the lead is too short not to have it on an extension lead . It sounds like its struggling to get up to speed before it blows .It blows the fuse on the machine not the lead . This machine has been a nightmare from the start ](*,)

If it's struggling to start up / get up to speed it's almost definately your supply. If it's blowing the gang lead it might be worth investing in a heavy duty cable as this won't restrict the current (assuming of course the lead that you're using isn't already a heavy duty lead!). Just be wary of the length of lead you use as well - the longer the lead the more drop you will get.

The other option is to replace the lead on the machine with a slightly longer one if it's only a couple of feet to short to plug straight into the wall.

Thanks Mike , the 0870 number doesn't work but ill try the mobile in the morning :D

The lead will need to be around 7ft long to plug direct to the wall . My electrician friend still hasn't finished running all the sockets i bought 5 years ago :roll:

Thanks Mike , the mobile worked but alas Southern woodworking is no more and nor are Lutz :cry: Dave was very helpful and has passed my number on to the people that bought his stock and they haven't called yet but theres hope .

JFC":3s40cuw3 said:
Thanks Mike , the mobile worked but alas Southern woodworking is no more and nor are Lutz :cry: Dave was very helpful and has passed my number on to the people that bought his stock and they haven't called yet but theres hope .

The Lutz stuff is just terrible. I bought the universal and boy was it rubbish. B&Q stuff has better fences!

I ended up ebaying it and lost about £600 on it.

That was my first and only lesson in the school of cheap tools :cry:

I agree its a load of rubbish and i thought i was buying a good German machine but thats my fault for not looking into it .

Back