Euro 2022 final

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I agree that the women do indeed play some very attractive football but definitely cannot agree with the comments that they are being "perfect role models". Unfortunately they are now on the same path as the men with their constant cheating. shirt pulling and the odd bit of spitting here and there. They have even starting taking on water though the side of their mouths just like the blokes, they too obviously think that it makes them look tough and hard!
You needed to watch more of the match Scruples, you would have seen plenty of diving and swearing, one of our players clearly called one of the Germans "an effing ." which prompted an apology from the commentator.
Why on earth we have to have so called 'pundits' with their pre and post match waffle I do not know. The same with commentators and co-commentators, I am just waiting for some techno wizard to come up with a 'commentator mute button' so that we can just hear the crowd noise.

I am afraid that football is in dire need of a complete going over. We need to get the 'sin-bin' introduced as soon as possible and, the utterly ridiculous offside rule needs urgent attantion too. At the moment it is absolutely laughable. Most pro footballers fall into one or more of four categories, charlatans, cheats, thespians and thugs. They are obscenely overpaid morons.

Anyway, rant over. Well done to our ladies but, they aint made it until they can win big competitions like this in other countries. Yes the men won the world cup in 1966 but until they can win it overseas they are very much 'also-rans'.

""I am just waiting for some techno wizard to come up with a 'commentator mute button' so that we can just hear the crowd noise.""

some time ago wimbledon was broadcast with just player and crowd noises (technically known as "clean sound") and NO commentators, it was wonderful!! they tried it this year but only on some lesser courts. so why cant we have just the option via the red button to have no commentary?? commentary is not needed, we can SEE the pictures!! but then the so called "experts" wouldnt be needed (are they anyway???)

There are a few sports where the commentators add interest, at least for me, like F1 as it can otherwise be quite dull at times, another is Golf which can be pretty funny on occasion; but otherwise yes the incessent drone of "the ball goes to X, then back to Y, then X again" blah blah is awful, for the few international games I might watch.

Womans football isn't as clean either, to be honest the only real difference is the diving, which personally should be banned, despite the "tactical" aspect of trying to get the other team a man down. Watching youtube compilations of all the attempts, some are just dirty tactics but most of the rest are hammed up amateur dramatics worthy of the local town hall stage.

I'd love to know what the team of '66 thinks about the way players are today, diving etc.

Ideally this is where the pundits COULD be useful as they can see what's happening clearer than the referee on playback, so if a person dives they can "ask the camera" just like wimbledon now and get either a thumbs up or thumb in closed fist (the correct roman signals) from the pundits if it was tw0ttish amdram or legit respectively. (thumbs up = death, thumb in closed fist = spare him).

""I am just waiting for some techno wizard to come up with a 'commentator mute button' so that we can just hear the crowd noise.""

some time ago wimbledon was broadcast with just player and crowd noises (technically known as "clean sound") and NO commentators, it was wonderful!!
Most TVs have stereo sound - all that needs to be done is to put the commentator on one channel and all other noise on the other.

The woman's football was a lot more interesting than F1 has been for the last year, and I don't usually watch football.

There are a few sports where the commentators add interest, at least for me, like F1 as it can otherwise be quite dull at times, another is Golf which can be pretty funny on occasion; but otherwise yes the incessent drone of "the ball goes to X, then back to Y, then X again" blah blah is awful, for the few international games I might watch.

Womans football isn't as clean either, to be honest the only real difference is the diving, which personally should be banned, despite the "tactical" aspect of trying to get the other team a man down. Watching youtube compilations of all the attempts, some are just dirty tactics but most of the rest are hammed up amateur dramatics worthy of the local town hall stage.

I'd love to know what the team of '66 thinks about the way players are today, diving etc.

Ideally this is where the pundits COULD be useful as they can see what's happening clearer than the referee on playback, so if a person dives they can "ask the camera" just like wimbledon now and get either a thumbs up or thumb in closed fist (the correct roman signals) from the pundits if it was tw0ttish amdram or legit respectively. (thumbs up = death, thumb in closed fist = spare him).
You should watch more football.
Diving is “banned”.
VAR?

Last edited:

some time ago wimbledon was broadcast with just player and crowd noises (technically known as "clean sound") and NO commentators, it was wonderful!! they tried it this year but only on some lesser courts. so why cant we have just the option via the red button to have no commentary?? commentary is not needed, we can SEE the pictures!! but then the so called "experts" wouldnt be needed (are they anyway???)
Snooker must surely be the worst, i cant think of a game less in need of a commentator.

Yes I agree that the women do indeed play some very attractive football but definitely cannot agree with the comments that they are being "perfect role models". Unfortunately they are now on the same path as the men with their constant cheating. shirt pulling and the odd bit of spitting here and there. They have even starting taking on water though the side of their mouths just like the blokes, they too obviously think that it makes them look tough and hard!
You needed to watch more of the match Scruples, you would have seen plenty of diving and swearing, one of our players clearly called one of the Germans "an effing ." which prompted an apology from the commentator.
Why on earth we have to have so called 'pundits' with their pre and post match waffle I do not know. The same with commentators and co-commentators, I am just waiting for some techno wizard to come up with a 'commentator mute button' so that we can just hear the crowd noise.

I am afraid that football is in dire need of a complete going over. We need to get the 'sin-bin' introduced as soon as possible and, the utterly ridiculous offside rule needs urgent attantion too. At the moment it is absolutely laughable. Most pro footballers fall into one or more of four categories, charlatans, cheats, thespians and thugs. They are obscenely overpaid morons.

Anyway, rant over. Well done to our ladies but, they aint made it until they can win big competitions like this in other countries. Yes the men won the world cup in 1966 but until they can win it overseas they are very much 'also-rans'.
Have to say from the few games I saw the French team seemed to be the dirtiest players. In the semi final one of them just walked up and pinched her German counterpart under the armpit. The way the German girl rounded on her I though we were going to see a punch up for a moment.
I suppose we should be thankful that the likes of the infamous Vinny Jones/Gazza incident arent possible in the ladies game. I must confess to being quite amused when someone once asked Mr Jones how hard he had actually squeezed and he replied " Oh trust me, the tears were real"

Snooker must surely be the worst, i cant think of a game less in need of a commentator.
Especially when years ago they came out with absolutely classic line of " for those of you watching in black and white, the pink is behind the blue!!!"

Especially when years ago they came out with absolutely classic line of " for those of you watching in black and white, the pink is behind the blue!!!"
But completely ignored when it might have been helpful. In th days of analogue TV it was often difficult to distinguish the brown from the reds because the colour system tended to "smear" the colours on making those difficult to differentiate.

Back