Dust

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper

Established Member
Reaction score
You guy's got me sorted with ear defenders, thanks for that, I've ordered a peltor optima 3.

I now need to get some sort of dust mask for hobby use, what do you recommend.

I use a respirator with disposable filters (maybe every 30 days of use). Think mine is a jsp one. About £25 or so.

I have a Site one from screwfix that is meant to have replaceable filters but screwfix never sold replacements. But the way the filters fit I cut new rounds out of a single disposable P2 mask and they pop/clip right in. Costs me about £1 every time I refresh the filter.

It did have activated charcoal filter for chemicals but that is probably inactive now so I don't use it for chemicals etc

Apart from saving a load of money I hate the idea of chucking a perfectly good mask away every 30days

Just had a look though and sadly don't think they sell it anymore. As long as you can get it to seal though you could do the same with the jsp ones. I know the site one I have works as the end filters have a clip system to hold it in place as it was meant to have flat round filter replacements, I just have to cut my own.

JSP force 8 , just changed the filters to
MDF filters , very comfortable

Attachments

• 38FBF6C1-A1E6-45F5-A9EB-36298BB3567F.jpeg
    38FBF6C1-A1E6-45F5-A9EB-36298BB3567F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back