Does anyone do private teaching.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J D Architectural Joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the urge to teach, I love when the kids come down to the workshop and we go through some joints and that. But due to the lack of written qualifications I couldn't even teach college students, far less go to Uni do a degree and then have to teach other stuff apart from woodwork.

So is there any people out there that teach people privately, and if so how did you go about it.

Hi JD..

Like you, I have the ability, but not the technical qualifications to teach woodwork. So in all honesty, I don't, as a rule.

I have shown my Son a few wrinkles to get him out of the occasional hole, but that's about all really. I would love to find some youngsters in my area who had interest, because I could at least show them how to use hand tools.

The only time any youngsters came to me was when a couple of enteprising types offered me a B & D router at a knock-down price.

The Police didn't seem interested either sadly!

David Savage offers good teaching, but he has some off-beat ideas on design. Then again so do I! :D
Regards
John

The trad way would have been apprentices. I have no idea what the modern apprenticeship schemes are like, but that might be an avenue to look at - assuming you are not looking for a complete career change, but just to add an element of this (noble) aim into your current work.

What was it my tutor said yesterday...

"If you can't do it, teach it!"

:wink:

:D

Back