decorating a panel above a door way.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KentAndy

Established Member
Reaction score
I've what I would class as a unique house. Nothing is straight and it's put together in a weird way.

I am in the process of plasterboardING some bits in preperation for a plasterer. We have a door frame that sticks our and is possibly load bearing and a panel above it that we would like to disguise. How we you guys go about it?

I am tempted to put a panel of plasterboard up but I dont know if it will look odd when painted.

Attachments

• 20150905_143150-640x480.jpg
    20150905_143150-640x480.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 73
looking at the bodges youve got there, I would want to look above and see exactly how that frame is connected (IF its connected!)
But if the room is going to be dark, then put a glass panel in, frosted or decorated.

I would probably look to either cut the frame length down so it's flush with the header or replace the door frame completely with a standard height door lining with architrave.
Make stud work above the door, plug and screw to both walls and floor joist above so plasterboard can be added.
When I've taken out door frames out in the past I've sawn through the frame in a couple of places first and then used a crow bar to pry the frame off the wall in sections.
I found that much easier than trying to get it out in one piece.

Latest posts

Back