Commercial workshop- My kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys here's my workshop, 2250 sq ft , built about three years ago, we were in a converted barn prior to this, this building is all triple insulated and the white interior keeps it nice and bright.
It portrays a great image when we bring clients to see their furniture

The building has nice big roller shutters, forklifts get in no problem. We have two sign written vans, both Vito's bought last year as a bit of a tax dodge.
The dog is Billy, bit of a part timer to be honest
dsc0191.jpg

2.6m cut, Robland saw, not the greatest of quality but good enough

dsc0194y.jpg

1 metre wide speed sander, 8hp, best bit of kit in the unit, £9000 well spent

dsc0196.jpg

3metre spray booth, extracted through the back with a 3kw fan

dsc0222.jpg

The edgebander, nice bit of kit, saves huge amounts of time

dsc0202n.jpg

Extraction system is a Fercell 20 bag system, 8hp, we used to have 3 small ones but this is much better, steel ducting system

dsc0205.jpg

Couple of spindle moulders both about 5hp, cast iron, can't be beaten for reliability and price. Having 2 spindles means I can set them up to run doors, one doing the profile the other the scribe and I don't have to keep breaking them down.

dsc0208.jpg

dsc0207.jpg

Multico rip saw, 4hp

dsc0209.jpg

16" overhander and thicknesser, sedwick, not a bad bit of kit but would be so much better if the outfeed table could be raised and lowered

dsc0214.jpg

Edge sander, very useful, shoot all the doors in with this

dsc0220.jpg

Timber rack, useful way of storing timber in a small space

dsc0210.jpg

Picture of all the ducting

dsc0219.jpg

Panel storage with sanding belts stored above

dsc0195v.jpg

For me its the perfect workshop, don't really need much more equipment, next purchase will be to upgrade the panel saw.

We also want to take the unit next door when it becomes available to convert it into a showroom.

Very nice set up, bet you're proud of that.

One thing I noticed though, you'd obviously got your dog hooked up to the mains but I couldn't see any extraction running off her

v.nice setup Doc. Need a tea-boy? I'm cheap ;)

Ironballs":36c4zh8b said:
Very nice set up, bet you're proud of that.

One thing I noticed though, you'd obviously got your dog hooked up to the mains but I couldn't see any extraction running off her

He's a boy, I believe there is extraction built in, seems to blow heavily out of its buttocks :lol: :lol:

Doc - you missed out mentioning the most essential item in any commercial shop ...it's behind the edge sander in the corner :wink: (and it's not the pillar drill or cramps)...no benches or hand tools though? :( - Rob

Ironballs":1el9nj4u said:
One thing I noticed though, you'd obviously got your dog hooked up to the mains...

I was about to ask the same thing!! :D ...So, is it 230v or three phase? :roll: :wink:

Very nice-looking workshop, even without mentioning the DeWalt mitre saw near the timber store! So, you work together with several other people, as opposed to simply sharing a workshop? Sounds interesting. :)

Very nice 'shop Doc.

I'm surprised nobody's asked yet - how much do you reckon you spent kitting it out? The extraction looks quite a beast!

Cheers

Karl

OPJ":q5ac84db said:
Ironballs":q5ac84db said:
Very nice-looking workshop, even without mentioning the DeWalt mitre saw near the timber store! So, you work together with several other people, as opposed to simply sharing a workshop? Sounds interesting. :)

We have 3 big dewalt SCMS, the one near the timber is worn out and we just use it for cross cutting planks, the other is mounted for cutting mitres, and the third is for fitting.

dsc0197.jpg

There are 3 full time and one part time worker in the workshop and two sub contracted fitters.

Karl":1wedwdwk said:
Very nice 'shop Doc.

I'm surprised nobody's asked yet - how much do you reckon you spent kitting it out? The extraction looks quite a beast!

Cheers

Karl

I reckon about £50,000 on machinery to replace like for like

Doctor":f4zq9jxd said:
Oh yea, the kettle, I once used that in 2003 I think it was, tea breaks are for whimps
If you tried to enforce that point of view with the people I work with, you might find yourself staring down the wrong end of an SA80 :lol: :lol: - Rob

Only joking, we have tea at 10.30 and 3.45, lunch at 1pm.
I'm officially an employee as it's a Ltd company so I am entitled to my break as well :lol:

Very nice shop there Bob. It looks well set out and uses the space well and I like the timber rack ideas. Do you have a Bandsaw?. I think I would have made do with one van though and bought an Altendorf :D .

Jon

JonnyD":3oix39jc said:
I think I would have made do with one van though and bought an Altendorf :D .

Jon

Problem is we both need a vehicle, I know altendorf's are good but i'm sure I couldn't drive it home.
The next purchase will be an Altendorf, my old work place had one, love em.

Ahhhh the Vito - good choice. Have seen them hooned round country lanes - we used to use one as a track support vehicle and it's amazing how they handle even when loaded up with tyres, tools and spare parts!

ps don't forget to get that Evora out on track 8)

Back