Combination Machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrit":2c6xymni said:
I think you have the wrong Birstall! Russell is at Birstall in West Yorkshire (near Cleckheaton or between Huddersfield and Leeds), not Leicester....... :lol:

Despite having some outlaws, sorry inlaws, from Leicester I don't know the local sharpeners, but I'd recommend looking up the local members of the Saw Doctors Association (who before anyone says it are not a fan group for an Irish pop band) or looking for Saw Doctor Services in Yellow Pages. failing that give the lads at Timber Team at Earl Shilton a bell - they are ex-Wadkin and know what they're talking about (do really good rebuilds, too)

Scrit
Thanks Scrit,
Fancy that there are 2 Birstalls, just my luck eh, i've never heard of a Saw Doctor before but that shows how much of a novice I am, I shall have a look around tomorrow and maybe get in touch with the lads at Earl Shilton.
This forum has been so helpful and it's very reassuring to know that there are so many people who want to help.

Once again many thanks

Martin

motownmartin I never looked at your location I actually get that happening a lot. I once had a guy on the phone in Leicester with an A to Z saying he couldn't find us :lol: :lol:

Russell":2i06pw3a said:
motownmartin I never looked at your location I actually get that happening a lot. I once had a guy on the phone in Leicester with an A to Z saying he couldn't find us :lol: :lol:
I bet it was my Dad or Brother :lol:

motownmartin I have found the spindle block it is 53 x 40 x 20 FIOBER aluminium block with rebate knives in. I do not have anything else just an un boxed cutter head (brand new) its yours for £12.50 inc postage if you want it

Russell":3uytpred said:
motownmartin I have found the spindle block it is 53 x 40 x 20 FIOBER aluminium block with rebate knives in. I do not have anything else just an un boxed cutter head (brand new) its yours for £12.50 inc postage if you want it
Yes please Russell, can youcontact me through email, it's in my profile (I think)

I also own a CE-MA Tekna K156 having purchased it new from Machinemart 7 years ago, it came with a stand which is a bit flimsy tbh and i have a manual for it, i sharpened my knives with a diamond stone and they are as good as new, a cutter block would be fairly handy as would the mortice attachment, does anyone know where to get replacment belts as it says made in UK on some of them :shock:

I used to have K156, and came to conclusion it is not worth the air its displacing. Anything larger that - lets say - tissue box is beyond the so called combo- machines capabilities.

If you are going to actually make any woodwork, I would recommend getting something more robust and cut your lost time and effort of hassles with a sub-par machine.

They are intended for small scale work and mine has been very useful, the design itself is rather ingenious =D>

Latest posts

Back