Clarke Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tisdai

Established Member
Reaction score
Evenin all,

I have an old Clarke Lathe, the 1 with the angle iron for the bases on it. Would that be ok if i took it apart and used it just for turning bowls on. I will be setting my workshop up in the garage as soon as i am sorted and if it would be upto the job then i will keep an area clear for it.

Not done much on the lathe for a lonnnnng time, so gonna need some help along the way. I will be looking for a new or used lathe later on, once my wallet gets over the shock of the move lol,, Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Hi

I started with a similar lathe, but I have to say I shook it apart within a few months. The bearing are just not good enough. Or at least that is what I found.

It is fine to get you going as long as what ever alteration you do are safe.

I know of a record lathe never used going for a very reasonable price.

message me if you are interested and I can put you in touch with the current owner.

Take care

Mark

Hi Mark

Ah well you win some and lose some lol, i will and try and salvage the motor and pulleys and turn it into somthing. Thanks for your reply i appreciate it. I will be looking to buy a lathe soon, but need to get some more funds in first, we have not long moved home and i have also been buying more tools for the workshop.

If the lathe is still on offer when i am sorted i will certainly PM you, if not then i guess i will be asking for help about what to get lol.

Cheers

Dave

I would still use it. You will be able to turn small bowls on it.

Just if you try anything too large you will bash the hell out of it.

It will get you started at least.

True, if nothing else it will help me get some practice in while i sort out some money out for a decent 1.

Cheers mark appreciate your reply

Dave

Latest posts

Back