Circular Saw Buying Advice Please...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I need to buy a circular saw asap... I'm not in the market for a festool etc, and don't really have a need for a plunge saw, even if I could afford it, which I can't! In fact there are occasions when I need to use the saw free hand and away from any form of track / guide.

Budget is around £100, and currently my eye is taken by 3 tools, being:

Bosch GKS190 - 70mm doc useful *occasionally* - 4.2 kg :D - guide rail available should I get bored of jigs
Hitachi C7SB2 - Fairly good reviews - lowest price option
Makita 5704RK - Most expensive option.

Any comments, reviews, experiences greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I have the makita and its a very good machine. I have had it a few years with no issues, even the box/case it comes in doubles as a seat/hop up. My vote is the maki!

Not sure it will fit with a after brought guide rail but I have only used it freehand or with a clamped fence (normally a length of wood or a plasters feather).

out of your choices it would for me have to the Makita ( had it for a few years now)

However If it was me I wouldn't buy any of the above instead I'd buy this

http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-psc15 ... 230v/86391

I'd went on a job to renew 250 Square meter of flooring realised that i left my saw on the other job So rather than all the way back (174 miles) I went to screw fix and bought it as a one time deal..I really am so glad i did

It really is a better saw than the Makita BUT you need to buy a much better blade than the one that comes with it thats fact not an opinion
The blade that comes with it is only fit for the bin

Roger

RogerBoyle":35287bys said:
out of your choices it would for me have to the Makita ( had it for a few years now)

However If it was me I wouldn't buy any of the above instead I'd buy this

http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-psc15 ... 230v/86391

I'd went on a job to renew 250 Square meter of flooring realised that i left my saw on the other job So rather than all the way back (174 miles) I went to screw fix and bought it as a one time deal..I really am so glad i did

It really is a better saw than the Makita BUT you need to buy a much better blade than the one that comes with it thats fact not an opinion
The blade that comes with it is only fit for the bin

Roger

I'm generally quite happy with Erbauer tools and I looked at this CS, however reviews mention how damned heavy the beast is and this is a concern for me which is unfortunately why I had to discount it on this occasion...

Thanks for the quick replies!

Latest posts

Back