Centauro R800 Resaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackss565

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone used one of these saws? Need it to cut 8" oak into boards and featheredge and want to know how it copes over a longer time period than just a trial.

Thanks
Jack

I dont know what your looking at paying for it or weather its new or used but im not a fan .
If you want a small pitless re saw the wadkin PBR HD is a very good machine or if you would like somthing a bit beefier i recently sold a Robinson EF/T fitted with feet (the same can be done with the stenner vhm for the same price) to remove the need for the pit with the feet fitted the table was about the same hieght as the centureo and wadkin.

I will concurr with Tim, I'm not a fan of the Centauro either, not much of a fan of the PBR-HD, but I think it is a slightly better machine, the EF/T & the VHM are much better machines.
Some people just don't like the "legs"!
They are also too tight to build a pit!
If you are serious about a saw of this type/size and want a true pit less resaw, then a Stenner Eagle or ST9 may be an option, though you need deep pockets!

Thanks for the replies. Budget can stretch to around £10k so will keep my eyes open for any in my price range

Latest posts

Back