Cedar of Lebanon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody either know of any Cedar of Lebanon in West Yorks, or have any offcuts/part boards etc that they want rid of.

I want to use it for solid drawer bottoms. 1st requirement is 2 pieces approx 2' long and 12" wide. I am looking for something 4" + wide and a couple of inches thick that I can resaw to various thicknesses as required.

Are there any fragrant alternatives to COL for this purpose?

I know of somewhere that has some Western Red Cedar surplus that's going cheap in various sizes, if that's of any interest.

Jelly":2254g4zo said:
I know of somewhere that has some Western Red Cedar surplus that's going cheap in various sizes, if that's of any interest.

Jelly,

It is definately of interest for something else. Can you send me some details?

Cheers
mark

marcros it's a shame you not coming down here on Saturday I have some here you could have for a few tokens.

Chrispy":2wp9cqa8 said:
marcros it's a shame you not coming down here on Saturday I have some here you could have for a few tokens.

Damn. Always the case. Would it post/courier if cut into suitable lengths- I dont neet it to be long!?

marcros":2pv01zkj said:
Damn. Always the case. Would it post/courier if cut into suitable lengths- I dont neet it to be long!?
I think most of the stuff I have is 38mm so would three bits 2' long 4" wide do? how clear of Knots? there are bits thats clear but it will be easy if you don't mind a few small knots.

wem":3d6zbmw4 said:
What is a decent alternative?

Finish the drawer interior with lemon oil.

MarK, I have some Cedar of Lebanon here if you are down this way anytime, for what it's worth the scent will fade with time although it will still be contained in the interior of the piece of timber.

Andy

Back