car insurance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPSlick

Established Member
Reaction score
Got a quote for my renewal so decided to check the interwebs. Five minutes of comparison sites later and a quick phone call my insurance company knocks £90 off the renewal price.

i was with NFU went on compare the meerkat as her indoors wanted a cuddly toy and it was half the price with saga same cover and with home insurance more than half the price with Churchill again same cover total saving of over £300.00

More stupidity re car insurance renewal - received a renewal notice and as usual had a look on line. My existing company who provided good service in an accident about 5 years ago were approx £120 cheaper. Rang them and said I would like their online price. Was told that they could not reduce the renewal quote and suggested that I would need to renew as a new policy on line to get the lower price. When I asked I was told this was to minimise admin costs???? - bizarre logic ! To add further absurdity to their stupidity they insisted on a proof of no claims in respect of the policy I already had with them.

I did all this as I was happy with their policy and it took only 30 mins - however I do wonder how much of the premium goes towards supporting their admin, and when they will learn to stop financially abusing loyal customers.

Terry

hi this is a subject that always pees me of.
i to got renewal last year went on the net got big reduction with new company so rang my old insurer saga just to let them know i would not be going with them and not to take payment ,when i got through the lady asked me how much my new insurance was then told me she could beat it, i said i have already taken new policy with another company she then told me to ring the new insurer back and cancel my new insurance then ring her back and she will beat there price .
when i pointed out if saga had given me a reasonable renewal i would not have checked on tinternet she got a bit arsesy, she then said you have your house insurance with us when it comes up for renewal before you buy insurance with any one else give us a ring with new figure and we will try to beat it.
she just could not see if saga offered a good renewal price i would just stay with them.
pip

Back