? capacitor problem - advice needed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is most unlikely that you have a centrifugal switch on your Draper lathe motor, if it's the usual aluminium bodied far eastern pattern it will most likely be a fixed in circuit start/run capacitor.

CHJ":1u6f6s46 said:
It is most unlikely that you have a centrifugal switch on your Draper lathe motor, if it's the usual aluminium bodied far eastern pattern it will most likely be a fixed in circuit start/run capacitor.

Thanks, capacitor ordered and hopefully will be here shortly so will update with progress when its done. I must admit I think im addicted to the spinning of wood as im desperate to get in there, so much so ive POLISHED my lathe. Lol

Cheers guys, capacitor has arrived and has been fitted. It turns lovely on starting so looks like a fox. Thanks again for everyones help.

SimonT":3dwfnytj said:
Cheers guys, capacitor has arrived and has been fitted. It turns lovely on starting so looks like a fox. Thanks again for everyones help.

You mean you have had it fixed all this time and still not turned anything :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you are up and running again have fun

Jonzjob":2h97hl2a said:
Good news.. Now don't break it again (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hahahahah thanks for the advice, now I see where I was going wrong All along :wink:

So I start turning bowls and the lathe loses power whilst turning!!!!!!! Sodding thing, I still maintain its the capacitor as it now spins fine, looks like that 2 microfarrads less made a difference after all :( ahh well, guess ill have to find a 10 uf capacitor instead of the 8 uf. . . . . Back to the drawing board!

Make sure it's not the belt slipping, if it is the motor drive half of the pulley system may be sticking and requiring lubrication.

CHJ":175theip said:
Make sure it's not the belt slipping, if it is the motor drive half of the pulley system may be sticking and requiring lubrication.

Will lubricate away shortly!!!! Thanks.

Back