Cap iron screwdriver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil Pascoe":10x4q0l1 said:
Braces, David. Suspenders are a rather different thing here. :D

so are pants, but ironically the two americanisms go quite well together.

heimlaga":3femogmh said:
Judging by the number of lever caps that have had their front edges broken off from being used as screwdrivers I rekon there are very good reasons not to do it.
It is easier to make a screwdriver than to make a lever cap...... and secondhand flat screwdrivers in resharpenable condition are not very hard to find. A new Wera screwdriver is indeed affordable to most though not all of us.

Well i have to say that in over forty years of professional woodworking I have seen just about nobody using anything other than a lever cap.I'll leave you dedicated hobbyists to do it any way you like and continue to argue about it.

Well at least this thread shows that I am not the only one who is bored.
Unlike some of you I am still trying to amuse myself in my workshop while some of you are spending your time sitting at your computer.

powertools":25ook3ce said:
Unlike some of you I am still trying to amuse myself in my workshop while some of you are spending your time sitting at your computer.

who in the thread might that be?

Mike and I dicker with each other all the time. I wouldn't guess that he's not doing something or making something all the time. You could guess the same for me, but I generally get about 15 hours a week in the shop. What I don't do is watch TV and talk about how busy I am and I "just can't get in the shop" and discuss things on the computer (due to binge watching netflix or something).

D_W":3t11f4pf said:
powertools":3t11f4pf said:

who in the thread might that be?

Mike and I dicker with each other all the time. I wouldn't guess that he's not doing something or making something all the time. You could guess the same for me, but I generally get about 15 hours a week in the shop. What I don't do is watch TV and talk about how busy I am and I "just can't get in the shop" and discuss things on the computer (due to binge watching netflix or something).

Not quite sure what dicker is but if both you and Mike enjoy it fair play but I don't think I will get involved.

Back