can't decide between Record Power or Charnwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

del

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

help me out here would you am looking at getting a new bandsaw and can't decide between record power bs300e /bs350s or the Charnwood B300 or the b350 am prob going for the larger size but really can't decide on make i have a couple of record power tools so i know they are built to last but no experience with Charnwood

cheers del {don't wont to go over the £800 mark}

I've had the record bs 300 bandsaw for nearly 20 years. I've replaced the drive belt and that's it. I would highly recommend Record. Their service backup is good too. I've never owned Charnwood kit so cannot comment on them.

I have a Record Band Saw, can't remember what model it is without going down to the cabin but it is a floor standing one so not the smallest and it really isn't the best, I sure there are a lot better out there.

Hi All

help me out here would you am looking at getting a new bandsaw and can't decide between record power bs300e /bs350s or the Charnwood B300 or the b350 am prob going for the larger size but really can't decide on make i have a couple of record power tools so i know they are built to last but no experience with Charnwood

cheers del {don't wont to go over the £800 mark}
I have neither but is there a clue as to their ancestry in the model numbers?

I did notice when I wrote the post but I don't know anyone with a Charwood bandsaw to ask what they are like and don't want to spend that amount of money and wish I went for the other headache lol

I bought a Charnwood W730 second hand about 8 years ago, how old it was by then, I've no idea, and the only thing wrong was guide bearings needed changing (twice) and new blades fitted when required.

Latest posts

Back