Business Insurance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently have a "Tradesman" policy with Axa which is a reasonable price and covers public liability and tools. However it doesn't cover finished goods, goods in transit or business interruption. Can anyone recommend a good policy? I've had a couple of other quotes but they have come out almost four times more than I am paying at the moment (which is about £260 per year).

Thanks

Joel

my insurance is 1300 pa that covers product and pubic liabilty for 5m
but also covers tools and working on air fields and slipways which some of my customers stipulate the last bit puts 400 on my policy

If by 'business continuity' you mean 'loss of earnings' due to accident/fire etc then you will have to prove what your weekly income was prior to the event.

Joe

I am amember of the Federation of Small Business (FSB). As I work from home I have my workshop, house, contents and all the other add ons you mentioned for £900 pa. It will cost to join but there other benfits as well.

John

Try Darwin Clayton. I know they do a very comprehensive policy for members of the Master Locksmiths Association with Sterling Insurance and may be able to help you.

Brian

I went to NFU to get a tools cover on my workshop on a local farm. For about £15K of tools (no materials) it was £450.00/pa which seemed expensive, but the real kicker was that they wanted to inspect my workshop and spray room, which I know is not up to regs, but for the small amount of spraying seemed very draconian. Anyone else had the same experience?

Thanks for the replies. I'm a member of the FSB too but their quotes were well over £1k (I don't work from home). My last quote was from the NFU and was over £1k too, but they did offer a very comprehensive cover, including protection for income lost whilst reinstating the business after a fire/flood etc. They came out to look at my workshop, but I thought that was a good thing because it means they couldn't refuse a claim on the grounds that I misrepresented the risk.

I'll have a look at the "tradesmansaver" site and Darwin Clayton.

Thanks

Joel

Latest posts

Back