Brummie Bash-09.Sept 5th.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul.J":32p3xoce said:
TWO WEEKS to go :shock:
Getting closer.Westonbirt next week than Bashday the weekend after :D
So it looks like we will be doing varied things on the day from Photography to Hollowing :D but again if anyone wants to see or do something let us know.
I will be opening the shop at 9ish so we can get a good day in,but we will just see you when we see you :D
Lunch will be around 1ish and there will no doubt be plenty of tea/coffee throughout the day so i will still have me little helpers again :D

Paul

Can you do a updated list on who is attending ?

and are there any spaces left ?

I cant come as I am off to see my Irish agent :wink:

And will attend a turning demo by Glen Lucas and 2 other top Irish turners

so hopefully will get loads of photos :p

Hope all goes well for you on the day and you all have a fun and safe day :lol:

Looking forward to seeing all the photos of the day

Allen

Blister wrote
I cant come as I am off to see my Irish agent

And will attend a turning demo by Glen Lucas and 2 other top Irish turners

so hopefully will get loads of photos

Hope all goes well for you on the day and you all have a fun and safe day

Looking forward to seeing all the photos of the day

Allen

Thanks Allen :D
Have a good time over in Ireland and make sure YOU take plenty of piccys :D

Hiya Paul,it does not seem like a year but it is and a lot has come and gone in that time. I hope this one is as succesfull as last years and everyone has a super time,and somebody learns something new which I'm sure someone will.
Have a wonderful day and my regards to all. REgards Eugene

Boysie wrote
Hiya Paul,it does not seem like a year but it is and a lot has come and gone in that time. I hope this one is as succesfull as last years and everyone has a super time,and somebody learns something new which I'm sure someone will.
Have a wonderful day and my regards to all. REgards Eugene
Thank you Eugene.
This is what the Bashes are all about Eugene.Just to give members a chance to come along and iron out those problems with hopefully more experienced turners who will be on hand to ask :D
Watch out for piccys next week :D

All,

I'm bringing along my hegner multicut 1 scrollsaw to the bash at the weekend. Unfortunately I haven't got round to buying some new blades for it. This means I've only got the one that came with it (and it was second hand). Has anybody got a blade or two they could bring along?

I should have some sycamore prepared by the weekend ( if the thicknesser doesn't bite my fingers off again ). I'll also print off some simple patterns to fix on for anybody who wants a try.

Cheers,

Dave

DustyDave":1uyf84b4 said:
All,

I'm bringing along my hegner multicut 1 scrollsaw to the bash at the weekend. Unfortunately I haven't got round to buying some new blades for it. This means I've only got the one that came with it (and it was second hand). Has anybody got a blade or two they could bring along?

I should have some sycamore prepared by the weekend ( if the thicknesser doesn't bite my fingers off again ). I'll also print off some simple patterns to fix on for anybody who wants a try.

Cheers,

Dave

Now I'm really annoyed I can't make it.

Pete a long long way away in Kernow

Dave
What length are the blades and are they pin or clamp fits :?
I think i have some blades but not sure if they are for a scroll saw.
I will try and fine em out and post a piccy and size of them.

Come on Pete.You know you wanna :lol:

Paul.J":3toq38ew said:
Dave
What length are the blades and are they pin or clamp fits :?
I think i have some blades but not sure if they are for a scroll saw.
I will try and fine em out and post a piccy and size of them.

Come on Pete.You know you wanna :lol:

Of course I do but I simply can't get there this year. Believe me if there was any way I would

Pete

Dave
Here is the type of blade i have.
They are very fine with lots of tpi,and is 133mm long.Though i can't see why they couldn't be cut down.There is no pin.

scrollblade.jpg

scrollblade1.jpg

Well bashers just a few days to go and the weather isn't looking good for us this year :(
We've had torrential showers,thunder and lightening today,and they are saying the next few days are going to be worse. :shock:
SUMMER :roll:
Anyhow,i've been having a tidy round the shop and have been cutting up some timber and have now got about half a dozen bags of firewood :shock: so if anyone would like this this weekend for the burner just let me know else it will be down t'tip.

Edit-:
Bags of offcuts now spoken for :D

You can persuade me easily but not my bank manager so unless I sell a heck of a lot of stuff in the next few days it i won't happen. I think I am on my own down here in Cornwall though there are some flatwokers. Pity or we could do a bash down this end sometime. I'll look at the pics and wish :cry: :cry: :sick:

Pete

Get everyone's "falsers" under the pillow between now and Friday Pete ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's still a day or two before the weekend... and
"'tain't over till the chubby lass warbles" as they say .... still time for some good fortune to smile upon you yet.
Be great if it does :wink: :D

Has anybody bought one of the new Robert Sorby Sovereign handles? If so could you please bring it along on Saturday. I've held one but would love to try turning with one. I'm considering buying one at Yandles next weekend.

Cheers,

Dave

sorry to say folks i'm not going to make it now - we have staff sickness and a work emergency which now means i'm not available :cry: :( :cry:

I'm not having a good month i missed out on westonbirt due to being grounded by swimbo and now this :(

chas - i'll arrange for you to pick your prize up or me to drop it off another day.

Back