Bobbin sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was mentioned in another thread. I thought the Draper one was identical, but a quick look in a D&M catalogue shows yours to weigh 14.6kg and the Draper 25kg so unless they've made a mistake they are not the same . The Draper is £10 cheaper, so may be worth a look if you've not decided. I'm just going by the details not experience.

I have the Sheppach one, works well, does what I want it to do. The Rutlands one is cheaper and they sell Bobbin packs too.

You will find the gearing on these machines are plastic, meaning after a comparatively short time the machine will fail, perhaps not the motor but certainly the mesh gears as they wear out. Of course the gears are not cheap to repair, almost as much as the machine itself.

If you intend to use it for very light occasional work it may be Ok but if you intend to use it extensively look at the JET version. More expensive but will outlast you.

I had a Delta Bobbin sander which was built with the plastic gearing so I got rid of it.

I've got a delta that I use occasionally and it's fine. I wouldn't too much about the gearing as long as you don't use excessive pressure on the spindle I'd think it would be fine.

Back