biscuit jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffinfrance

Established Member
Reaction score
before i order a new de walt dw682k, i'd like to know if anyone thinks there are any better alternatives

i wont be going for a domino.

thanks in advance,

jeff

Another vote for the Makita. It's also worth bearing in mind that the Bosch model is identical.

Hi Jeff

I've got the DW, and have been very happy with it. I was going to sell it to help fund the purchase of a Domino, but somehow I found better places to spend the money.

The Maffell came highly recommended. I was going to buy one, but my local tool shop had the DW for £150, so I bought that instead.

Cheers

Karl

Ive got a mafell pretty much not used since getting a domino but a nice tool all the same.

cheers

jon

I've got the mafell and it is a good solid accurate piece of kit. I've also got a domino but still use the mafell for edge jointing longer boards.

I have the Mafell, and its a very accurate tool. I've had it about 7/8 years in a professional capacity, so quite reliable too. I only use it now for panels the same as Steve.

well, i decided to plump for the lamello c3 after all that. great reviews!

thanks everyone for the input. i'll let you know how i get on with it.

all the best,

jeff

jeffinfrance":2zdnrj99 said:
well, i decided to plump for the lamello c3 after all that. great reviews!

thanks everyone for the input. i'll let you know how i get on with it.

all the best,

jeff

Thats what I would go for if I had the money :(

Somewhat belatedly the DW685 is superior in design to any as it a) rocks rather than plunges so is less top heavy, b) has a wide sole making it easier to keep upright on the face of boards and c has a fine fence adjustment. I picked up an Elu 140 (on which it is based and which is no longer made) for 40 quid on ebay.

I used to have a Lamello but some scaly-wags broke into my shop and half inched the blessed thing :evil:. I now have an Elu one which is not quite as good, but I've used a trend and that was really rubbish...

well, the lamello arrived today. comes in a lovely wodden carry case.

i'll do a review next week after i've had a chance to use it.

jeff

Back