• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Best way to attach this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Steliz

Camberwell Carrot
Reaction score
I want to attach these handles to the drawer fronts of a coffee table I'm making. They have an odd thread size (3.3mm or 1/8th") and I can't find anything to fit it in my local DIY place as it's all metric here.

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-t2aWa8UFjtl63BqI.jpg

I could get some M3 threaded bar and epoxy it in at both ends but I'm not confident that that is a good long term solution.

Suggestions please.

Attachments

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
That would last forever.

Develop the habit of collecting any and every bolt, nut and washer you come across. Just chuck them in a box. If you see a job lot of assorted nuts and bolts anywhere, buy it. Same with springs. It's amazing how often they're useful.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
MikeG.":lxuje88k said:
That would last forever.

Develop the habit of collecting any and every bolt, nut and washer you come across. Just chuck them in a box. If you see a job lot of assorted nuts and bolts anywhere, buy it. Same with springs. It's amazing how often they're useful.
Yes, yes, yes. I lost a small spring while working on my bike in 1978. I bought one at the dealers for 85p. The same weekend I saw a mixed bag of 100 for 75p. That was the beginning - from then on if I saw jars of "sweepings", mixed packs, old boxes in auctions etc. I bought them and chucked them in toolbox. The number of times it has rescued people is huge - I've still got the same box.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Same here but the trouble is it can become obsessive and the collection grows...and grows until you have a clear out and discover that you desperately need the item you threw away last week.

I broke up a couple of armchairs yesterday which the charity shops wouldn't take as not fire retardant, saving the hardwood is a given but what I'm going to do with the 20 long springs I salvaged is another thing.

I sometimes see something in my "collection" and spend ages looking for something to use it on. :roll: