Best way to attach this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steliz

Camberwell Carrot
Reaction score
I want to attach these handles to the drawer fronts of a coffee table I'm making. They have an odd thread size (3.3mm or 1/8th") and I can't find anything to fit it in my local DIY place as it's all metric here.

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-t2aWa8UFjtl63BqI.jpg

I could get some M3 threaded bar and epoxy it in at both ends but I'm not confident that that is a good long term solution.

Suggestions please.

Attachments

• imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-t2aWa8UFjtl63BqI.jpg
    imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-t2aWa8UFjtl63BqI.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 118
That would last forever.

Develop the habit of collecting any and every bolt, nut and washer you come across. Just chuck them in a box. If you see a job lot of assorted nuts and bolts anywhere, buy it. Same with springs. It's amazing how often they're useful.

MikeG.":lxuje88k said:
That would last forever.

Develop the habit of collecting any and every bolt, nut and washer you come across. Just chuck them in a box. If you see a job lot of assorted nuts and bolts anywhere, buy it. Same with springs. It's amazing how often they're useful.
Yes, yes, yes. I lost a small spring while working on my bike in 1978. I bought one at the dealers for 85p. The same weekend I saw a mixed bag of 100 for 75p. That was the beginning - from then on if I saw jars of "sweepings", mixed packs, old boxes in auctions etc. I bought them and chucked them in toolbox. The number of times it has rescued people is huge - I've still got the same box.

Same here but the trouble is it can become obsessive and the collection grows...and grows until you have a clear out and discover that you desperately need the item you threw away last week.

I broke up a couple of armchairs yesterday which the charity shops wouldn't take as not fire retardant, saving the hardwood is a given but what I'm going to do with the 20 long springs I salvaged is another thing.

I sometimes see something in my "collection" and spend ages looking for something to use it on. :roll:

Back