Best value table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purtill

Reaction score
i am about to downsize my workshop and have decided that I need to sell/replace my elektra beckum (pkf 255 v8) sliding bench saw with scribe, I already own festool track saw which I intend to use for cross cutting sheet material and would be looking to add a small basic table saw for rips, can anybody reccomend suitable machines that I should consider ? Ta

i have a scheppach hs105, got it from toolstop they're 219.00 delivered, put a freud blade in it and it's not turned out to be a bad little saw, i made a wheeled base for it, most of my work on it has been cutting ply and crosscutting 18mm thick pse, although the reviews are somewhat negative i love it,

I just had delivered an Axminster TS-250-2 which I decided on after much investigation and deliberation, plus looking at all the threads on here, at first glance it looks very well made, not too keen on the dust extract, but this will be highly modified.

Mike

MikeJhn":3tvmx6sa said:
I just had delivered an Axminster TS-250-2 which I decided on after much investigation and deliberation, plus looking at all the threads on here, at first glance it looks very well made, not too keen on the dust extract, but this will be highly modified.

Mike
Thanx for all reccomends , I intend a visit to axminster to look at the ts 250 (there is also a less expensive model)
As it has a quieter induction motor than other machines in this price range.

The difference between the two (TS-200 & TS-250) is obviously the 200mm blade dia and the 250mm blade diameter so it all accords what maximum depth of cut you want, if you have a cross cut saw, get the table saw that uses the same dia blade and you can interchange the blades between them.

Mike

MikeJhn":1j6vgio4 said:
The difference between the two (TS-200 & TS-250) is obviously the 200mm blade dia and the 250mm blade diameter so it all accords what maximum depth of cut you want, if you have a cross cut saw, get the table saw that uses the same dia blade and you can interchange the blades between them.

Mike
. Good point , although the blade bore/centre would obviously need be the same . It is likely that I would plump for the 250mm (as per my elektra beckum, that I will be downsizing from).

transatlantic":3bb22jnq said:
I don't own these, but I'd be looking at either the Axminster TS-250M-2 or the Bosch GTS 10 XC

the Bosch is an excellent machine, i have one in my home workshop, it was dead on straight out of the box, its been one of the best buys i have made.

MikeJhn":a8e0vggy said:

Mike

Other than power rating and scaling, is that the only difference? I thought the 250 had an improved design? something to do with the trunion or something inside?

I don't know of any other difference's the two share the same manual, so there can't be that much difference.

Mike

Back