Best Saw blades for a Axminster TS-200

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyhigh_Arb

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I know this is one of them things thats down to personal preference and that everybody will have had different experiences.

However I was just wondering if anyone had any good advice on what saw blades would best suit this machine as at the moment I have the Axminster blades for it and am looking to upgrade.

Thanks in advance! :D

Freud...I love 'em.

All my saws have Freud and the ones on them now are still the same ones I put on to upgrade...even the SCMS which was a rubbish PowerPro but now cuts perfect crosscuts with a 254 blade.

I get mine off of fleaBay...there are some really good bargains on there.

Jim

Thanks, exactly the answer I was hoping for thank you very much just the excuse I need to get the Freud blades.

Already seen they are quite cheap on fleaBay!

Freud aren't the absolute best nor are they the most expensive but weighing up the value factor they come out on top for me....

Even on my old INCA 259...even with a "crosscut" tooth configuration I got some amazing results on English oak....consistant and thin with very smooth finish...

DSC_0036.JPG

I use the "Pro" series but that is just because they were the ones on offer at the time...

I use a 200 on my Scheppach....

28052009895.jpg

That cut all the oak for my workbench and since has built a drill station and other projects. I have had no burning at all and although the Scheppach one will need replacing soon it is by no means blunt.

I think they are worth the money.

Jim

Morning Jim,

Thank you very much for the advice is has been much appreciated and the pics were very good to see.

Will

jimi43":36ke466c said:
Freud aren't the absolute best nor are they the most expensive but weighing up the value factor they come out on top for me....

Even on my old INCA 259...even with a "crosscut" tooth configuration I got some amazing results on English oak....consistant and thin with very smooth finish...

DSC_0036.JPG

This is exactly the kind of cut I am looking for! Would you mind letting me know which Freud blade that is?

I am trying to find a good blade for my new TS-200....

Does one really have to buy one blade for ripping and one for cross cutting? I have a biggish mitre saw so maybe I could just stick with a rip blade...

Latest posts

Back