Bedroom Tax

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob":1fbnq1k7 said:
RogerBoyle":1fbnq1k7 said:
Unfortunatly I do know of people that do milk the system and are far better off than you would believe..

Roger
Having failed to milk the system yourself why do you imagine that others can do it?
Because you need not to own a property to milk the system. While you own property, you have identifiable assets.

If you don't have assets you are probably skint and entitled to some benefits. It's simpler than you think!
NB it might be your turn one day.

Jacob":2w6tsinb said:
Max Power":2w6tsinb said:
I can remember long back when being on permanent benefit would have been embarrassing. Its now considered a career move by many
Fair enough good luck to them. And they are doing job seekers a favour. There's no shame in getting benefits, whether it's cash, NHS treatment, pensions, education, you name it. It's called "civilisation" - a new and too radical idea for many I know.
Of course when a job comes up they tend to queue around the block even for rubbish wages and temporary jobs. They must be off their heads.

No wonder the UK is in the sh*t with views like that flying around.

I haven't read such absolute rubbish since the last time you posted on the same subject. This has been discussed previously and as said, nothing wrong with benefits paid to those in genuine need but not career layabouts.
Get your self up to the North East and I'll introduce you to some of these scroungers so you can see for yourself. You presumably don't mind funding their lifestyle - I do.

Bob

Bob

Lons":15mzpofk said:
Jacob":15mzpofk said:
Max Power":15mzpofk said:
I can remember long back when being on permanent benefit would have been embarrassing. Its now considered a career move by many
Fair enough good luck to them. And they are doing job seekers a favour. There's no shame in getting benefits, whether it's cash, NHS treatment, pensions, education, you name it. It's called "civilisation" - a new and too radical idea for many I know.
Of course when a job comes up they tend to queue around the block even for rubbish wages and temporary jobs. They must be off their heads.

No wonder the UK is in the sh*t with views like that flying around.

I haven't read such absolute rubbish since the last time you posted on the same subject. This has been discussed previously and as said, nothing wrong with benefits paid to those in genuine need but not career layabouts.
Get your self up to the North East and I'll introduce you to some of these scroungers so you can see for yourself. You presumably don't mind funding their lifestyle - I do.

Bob

Bob
There is unemployment due to shortage of jobs, which is my point about queuing around the block. Leaning on scroungers, or bedroom tax for that matter, isn't going to increase the number of jobs available.
Leaning on bankers could be more useful, and taxing the wealthy. Taxing the poor is a waste of time - they haven't much money.

Jacob
First Please show me where I claimed to milk the system for myself

I was made redundant
diagnosed with lung cancer
and was on the verge of using up the last of my savings
I was talked into receiving benefits by my kids as they decided I should get help
Oh and lets not forget the 3 collapsed discs that I have and have to attend Derby hospital every 8 months for an MRI to make sure that the rest are not being effected

I have worked all my life Starting with the Farming when I was old enough to walk
I went into the Royal Navy as A Submariner for 11 years I was also part of the task force that went to the Falklands
As was my Brother. I survived he didn't.

I left the Navy and re trained In Cabinet Making with a company that is no longer with us
But I found site work more appealing and have been doing that for more years than I care to remember
I have also started my own Kitchen Company http://www.furniturecreation.co.uk just over 2 years ago.

So yes I honestly thought that I could expect a little bit of help when I needed it ..

don't forget that during all this I have also raised 3 Kids
one works for the Immigration Dept in a senior capacity
one owns and runs a nail and beauty clinic
and number 3 is studying to become a forensic anthropologist

As for Scroungers
My wife has A sister
some years ago She had a house in derby. Never worked a day in her life not even a paper round
While she lived there she became an alcoholic and drug user,
Had several children all with different fathers
In the end she ended up with a 4 bedroom house rented and paid for by the government
On top of this she had money for clothing food as well as social security
She was also being given treatments for drug and alcohol addiction some of it she sold on
She also managed to convince a doctor that she had been involved in a car crash and needed help with disability allowance
Which she got

So yes Jacob there are folks that do milk the system and not only from this country either

I do have other examples as well

In fact funnily enough all of them come from the Derby area..
Where do you live Jacob?????

If you like I can actually arrange to pick you up and meet these people , they will tell you exactly what they are doing and what is the best way to milk the system
unfortunately Jacob the forum will not let me put what I would really like to say to you but that may well change in the future

If you feel you really must reply to this post then please don't as I refuse to acknowledge you

Takes a lot to get me Riled Jacob So congrats you've succeeded

Why do Job Centres exist then? If there's no jobs, surely they no longer serve any purpose?
Seriously, they exist because they're trying to fill lousy jobs that no one wants - because.....wait for it........they're better off on benefits.

There is unemployment due to shortage of jobs, which is my point about queuing around the block. Leaning on scroungers, or bedroom tax for that matter, isn't going to increase the number of jobs available.
Leaning on bankers could be more useful, and taxing the wealthy. Taxing the poor is a waste of time - they haven't much money. cheers Jacob

Agreed but that is very definitely not what you said in the post that resulted in my response.

There are very definitely large numbers of "professional" benefit claimants who have absolutely no intention of ever procuring gainful employment. As I said, I can personally introduce you to a number of these scroungers and have real evidence of very many others.

Not only are many of these people in receipt of substantial sums in handouts but are also actively involved in black market "work" and sales of stolen goods, often to fund drug abuse. This isn't from the pages of the media you so often deride Jacob, they are facts - personally witnessed and accurate. These activities also contribute to unemployment and the failure of genuine companies who can't compete.

I have no argument with your ideals and agree that the poor must be helped but in the real world you might be surprised to find that the people you're supposedly defending are often not in that category.

I can prove what I'm saying - can you?

Bob

I would say that it is a fair shout on the bedroom tax . A friend of my father inlaw has not worked for nearly 20 years , lives n a 4 bed council house . Nearly 4 years ago the housing association moved him out in to a retirement bungalow ( one bedroom ) so they could renovate his house and it was like a show home when finished ( faced up in stone ) . they then moved him back in .

Why not leave him there in the bungalow . Now once again he has a four bedroom house to himself and it is a blummin mess , I wont go round there as it is disgusting .

He could have worked as he had asthma , smoked forty a day and drank a bottle of scotch a day . Hard life being on benifits !!!

Kind regards Sam

RogerBoyle":199p241t said:
Jacob
First Please show me where I claimed to milk the system for myself.........
You said it yourself you couldn't get any benefits even though you sound a deserving case, but you and everybody else says it's easy and just a matter of choice.
Which is it?
As far as I know it isn't easy and it's not a good way to have to live, which is why there are queues for even the worst jobs.

PS It's estimated that the cost of tax evasion is 10 times higher than benefit fraud. Why are you all not getting 10 times as angry about that?

As far as I know it isn't easy and it's not a good way to have to live, which is why there are queues for even the worst jobs.

Where do you get your information from?
Look very closely at some of the queues. Many will want the job, many are immigrants who are at least prepared to work but you'll also find those who are just attending to "prove" they are job seeking. It's also easy at interview or application to make sure you aren't actually offered anything thereby continuing the handouts.

It's dead easy to get on the benefits ladder if you don't own a house. If you want to know exactly how easy, just visit your local down and out estate and ask one of the guys standing around the corners throwing fag ends on the pavement.

Even easier if you're a female, just get pregnant and "forget" who the father is. keep having kids and you're guaranteed substantial increases. Spending it on the children isn't mandatory :roll:

Bob

There is an excellent article and blog post which touches on the subject here-
http://socandcrimatkeele.blogspot.co.uk ... anism.html

I feel a lot of us are guilty of tarring with the same brush here, and not seeing the much much wider issue. I have seen both sides, but I have certainly become more enlightened in the past few years.

Interesting article. Here's a quote:
Unfortunately, this rightist, authoritarian, response to social problems is far too prevalent in Britain today. On the 7th March Newsnight debate, for example, we were told that the public has no time for the poor, and that welfare is a burden that Britain cannot afford, because the vulnerable are simply lazy. This position ignores basic sociological truths.
Knocking the poor has become the new racism.

I've got loads of time for the poor. The "poor" in this area are the poor sods that work. The people that have no intention of working invariably have more money. Go to the pubs, clubs and bookies - the same people are there, day in, day out - few of them ever do a day's work. I'd love to be that poor.

What a load if middle class pineapples, I've been unemployed since January, I have my rent paid and my council tax paid, I currently get a little over £80 per week to feed myself, my wife and 2 kids. The same allowance has to pay for gas electricity and water, put fuel in the car and clothes in our backs.
I could stop using the car I hear people think, however I live in a very rural part of the country, with extremely limited public transport, so if I have no car I have even less prospects for work. I have searched for a job for at least 3 hours everyday I have been unemployed but as yet not secured a position anywhere, why because I am too qualified for the lower paid jobs and there simply arn't any in my normal line if work.
I am looking and planning on self employment, but funding a new venture is extremely hard, the banks don't want to know, the government had no cash, and outside investors say that manufacture is a bad investment.

I'm not saying that there are not people who do milk the system, there are on both sides. But what's worse someone milking a hundred quid a week from the taxes you all pay, or someone milking millions out of the money you save?

Anyone who takes offence to what I have written beads to go back and re-read this entire topic from the top, and think how you would feel in different circumstances.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

Jacob":tnfsgh7k said:
RogerS":tnfsgh7k said:
Butler...you poor deluded soul. ....
Funny how Roger keeps calling me by my surname. I think he imagines he's still in some sort of prep school! :lol: :lol:
I wonder if he is senile?

My dearest Jacob...is that any better ?

Now answer the bloody question? But you won't so I shall just stick you back on Ignore ......

deserter":15d82cuu said:
What a load if middle class pineapples, I've been unemployed since January, I have my rent paid and my council tax paid, I currently get a little over £80 per week to feed myself, my wife and 2 kids. The same allowance has to pay for gas electricity and water, put fuel in the car and clothes in our backs.
I could stop using the car I hear people think, however I live in a very rural part of the country, with extremely limited public transport, so if I have no car I have even less prospects for work. I have searched for a job for at least 3 hours everyday I have been unemployed but as yet not secured a position anywhere, why because I am too qualified for the lower paid jobs and there simply arn't any in my normal line if work.
I am looking and planning on self employment, but funding a new venture is extremely hard, the banks don't want to know, the government had no cash, and outside investors say that manufacture is a bad investment.

I'm not saying that there are not people who do milk the system, there are on both sides. But what's worse someone milking a hundred quid a week from the taxes you all pay, or someone milking millions out of the money you save?

Anyone who takes offence to what I have written beads to go back and re-read this entire topic from the top, and think how you would feel in different circumstances.

You mean you can't afford a trip to the bookies, a bottle of whisky and 40 fags everyday? Surprising - a lot of people seem to think that being unemployed is an endless party.
Best of luck with your self employment plans.
There used to be various start-up schemes, I don't know if they are still available.

Unfortunately not any longer, now I get 4 workshops on marketing, finance, legislation and business planning. Along with a small portion of my JSA for 6 months. Still better than nothing, and it does allow me the grace if not having to turn a huge profit from day one.

As for the question of the bookies, and whiskey, then no money spare for either, maybe one if the other posters could let me know how it's done, they seem to know how the system works better than most.

whiskywill":av0i40ai said:
Without the benefits system, Jeremy Kyle wouldn't have a show. :D
Can't say I've ever seen it.
Is that what you watch then, when you are not at the bookies? Shouldn't you be out on your bike looking for work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back