Bedroom Tax

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Benefits should be payed to a prepaid card that can't be used to but fags, alcohol and can't be cashed so it can only be spent on food and clothes ect.

Hardwood66":1mw8khiy said:
I think Benefits should be payed to a prepaid card that can't be used to but fags, alcohol and can't be cashed so it can only be spent on food and clothes ect.

The pippers would let the card be used for a fee to others, that wouldnt work.

No benefits would force them to join a job queue would work :twisted:

MickCheese":2uyvkbyr said:
Benefits were supposed to be a safety net not a life style choice.
Mick

Yes Mick that's precisely what the original plan was with social benefits, but successive left wing governments quickly discovered that by handing out bribes in the form of outrageous benefits was a sure fire way to get elected, Gordon Brown knew this and when it looked like he was on the way out he just upped the benefits even more :evil: so that now the UK social benefits costs are far and away the biggest item of the governments expenses, it has got totally out of control, and all the people not working and getting benefits are using every means possible to complain. If there is one thing that the financial crisis of 2008 has done it is to finally (after a decade) make working people realise that you only get out what you put in and every working person has to balance their outgoings with their incommings, companies too, and governments. Why should your taxes pay for a single person to live in a three bedroom house :?: Please don't try to answer that because there is no answer, it's ridiculous.

Lons":azh6r10x said:
EDIT - Forgot to say btw that they were also given a kit of paint roller and brushes and that there is currently a lot of very cheap good quality emulsion and gloss paint for sale in the area at the minute :roll:

It's absolutely mind blowing isn't it, who thinks up these things :?: some junior housing benefits person and NO ONE CHECKS to see if it's acceptable, oh it's only tax payers money so who cares :?: well it's NOT acceptable, makes me so mad :evil:

Lons":9crx50ae said:
.... don't be stupid Jacob!

He is...don't get sucked in by the troll-meister...you know when you are winning the argument that he will throw in a red-herring and try to move the goalposts.

Losos":1ebto7di said:
and all the people not working and getting benefits are using every means possible to complain

You sir are one of those people who I most dearly hope loose your job and are left in exactly the predicament I have been. I have not complained about the amount of help I am getting, nor have I, or will I, apply for every benefit I can. I have only applied for the benefits which I and my family need to survive. A day hasn't gone by when I haven't looked for and applied for any jobs I can.
The amount of benefit I get covers the things I need to buy and the bills I have to pay. I haven't bought a single luxury or unnecessary item since January, in fact I have been saving £1 coins so that I can afford to eventually buy timber to try out one of my ideas for self employment.

Please refrain from tarring every one who is out if work with the same brush, some of us hate every minute of it, and would quite happily work for minimum wage to be back in the workforce doing what we love.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

Gentlemen.
Can i suggest a deep breath, step back and agree to disagree, we seem to be going in circles over what is obviously a contentious subject.

three-wise-monkeys.jpg

Attachments

• three-wise-monkeys.jpg
    three-wise-monkeys.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,221
Cheshirechappie":2844ts5c said:
Some months ago, a policy was announced that any one person would have their benefit payments limited to a maximum of £24,000 a year. That equates to a gross income of about £35,000 a year. The thing that startled me was some people must have been receiving more than this in benefits. I know an awful lot of people who earn less than £24,000 gross per annum, and have to run a house and bring up a family on it.

I can tell you about a shed load of guys earning less than £24.000 a year.........

Most of the guy's in Afghanistan are on approximately £18,000

Andy

Yes the armed forces are badly paid and in fact get a rough deal all round. But they too will get a range of benefits if they have the usual commitments, kids, houses etc.
Very few claimants will get anything like the £24000 quoted. If they did they'd have special needs of various sort and probably even you wouldn't entirely begrudge them.
There's a lot of very unpleasant hot air around this topic - strongly encouraged by the government. The idea that IDS could live on £52 per week shows how much they are out of touch with reality.
Roll on the May elections!! Let's get the bu*gers out!!!

strongly encouraged by the government. The idea that IDS could live on £52 per week shows how much they are out of touch with reality.

](*,)

I thought politics was on the "not to be discussed" list! :roll:

Bob

Lons":14e82dq3 said:
strongly encouraged by the government. The idea that IDS could live on £52 per week shows how much they are out of touch with reality.

](*,)

I thought politics was on the "not to be discussed" list! :roll:

Bob

As 2 members have already asked for it this thread is now locked

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back