bandsaw tyre

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maymay

Reaction score
Hello folks,
This is a new experience for me, please be gentle, having started woodworking recently i have bought a SIP 1486 12" bands after getting all set up ive found i need two tyres for it as its throwing them off also what kind of blade to use on it for doing contours.Any help appreciated.
Regards

PS where can i purchase these items

Hi Maymay

For blades call Ian at Tuffsaws.co.uk everyone here incl me uses him and he is the best in the country.

His number is 07896 058499

You'll want to actually talk to Ian as he will be able to recommend the correct blade based on your intended use.

As for tyres...I would check out SIP's website or their distribution channel. There must be spares within that channel

I presume this is not a new machine otherwise it should be a warranty issue.
SIP should be able to supply spares but I have also read of people buying them in from the USA as 'universal' replacements for that type of generic badged bandsaw.

One of the best sources of blades and free advice as to the type of blade for different work is Ian at Tuffsaws. Lots of people here recommend him.

hth
MM

Thanks for replys,will contact Ian, i have been in contact with SIP they say tyres are not available for that saw ,strange as it is only 3 yrs old
Regards

maymay,

Measure the wheel diameter and the start searching the internet...Ian at Tuffsaws may know someone who can provide these. Your wheels will be a standard size and any tyre of that size will fit....urethane is probably best.

Ebay reveals 1100 sellers of bandsaw tyres....

Al

John Brown":1fichtre said:
You can buy blue(and orange!) polyurethane tyres from here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/URETHANE-BAND ... 3ccbe7c1e3
and probably other places as well. I expect they will have a suitable size for your saw. The only problem is that they are in the USA.

Should you be unable to source tyres here, I have bought and fitted a set from these people for my (old) bandsaw recently.
Must say i am pleased with them, don't forget to factor in the custom charge on top of the purchase and post charges.
My personal thought was If they cost £40, It's still cheaper than a new saw.
You'll love the fitting gadget they provide! HTH.
Regards Rodders

Hi
I too recently bought a bandsaw (JET JWBS 12OB) although mine was nearer 20yrs old, and like you I promptly needed a new tyre which the manufacturers no longer supply. So after recommendations on this site I went to Bandsaw-Tire-Warehouse on eBay - I paid about £29 including postage and I was not charged any import duties. They arrived yesterday after just 7 days and I fitted them tonight, obviously I haven't done a lot with them yet but they look good so far. Yes they send you the weirdest gadget to help fit the tyres but I found the most useful tip was to put a suitable clamp on the tyre to hold it onto the wheel on one side so that it didn't slip off when you pull the other side. (Oh and warm up the tyres first in a bowl of warm water).
Hope you have as much success

I bought mine a few years ago and had them shipped to one of the wife's brothers in the US, thne collected them when I was there. However, they didn't come with any fitting tool, so I'm intrigued and would like to know more...

Back