bandsaw question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erik

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys
i am looking to purchase a small to medium sized bandsaw in the near future (£200 - £300) but due to the way my garage/workshop is set out i need it to cut on the left hand side rather than the right, as seems to be the norm with most manufacturers.
does anyone know if there is a way to convert any of these machines, or is there a manufacturer that will fulfill my requirements?
thanks for the help
regards
erik

My record has slots on left and right of the blade so the miter guage can be used in either to cross cut.

hi
thanks for the reply, but thats not what i mean.
all of the machines that i have seen so far have the cutting part of the blade on the right hand side and the encased part of the blade on the left, ie the 'post' that holds up the top part of the machine.
i would like it the other way around.
regards
erik

Hi Erik
the Inca bandsaws were 'left handed' designs
You might find one secondhand.
Matt

What you actually need is a 'Butcher's bandsaw, as in one for cutting meat, as if anyone has noticed, they all cut back to front in relation to a wood bandsaw. Reason ? - have been told that most butchers carry the meat on their right shoulder, hence they throw it down behind the blade as we know it. - Anyway - check out any meat merchant, as they may know of some one upgrading an old one. I know they are terriably expensive new, as they are all mainly stainless steel - but look on the bring side, they will never rust in your workshop !! - Have fun looking for one - even try ebay as there might be one there.
Sorry I couldn;t be of any more help
Stanley

Shrubby":1ttzioxb said:
Hi Erik
the Inca bandsaws were 'left handed' designs
You might find one secondhand.
Matt
Yup, my little Euro 260 is a left hander...great machine, not for sale though - Rob

Back