Axminster TS-200 Sliding carriage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyhigh_Arb

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay before I start ranting I'm sorry for yet another TS-200 post.

However I am currently looking into building a cabinet for my much loved TS-200 and was wondering what everyone thinks of the sliding carriage? Useful or a waste of time?

So far I have found it okay however also find that often when ripping sheet material it just gets in the way. And now find myself debating whether to keep it or get rid of it.

I figured I could create a left hand extension on the cabinet. However also wondered if I'm missing something and once removed will just want to put it back on.

If anyone has any opinion on this I would much appreciate the feedback.

Its not got the advantages of a larger slider so probably investing in a good mitre gauge might solve your problems. Is it easy to take on and off?

you can alter it so it is - look at robert MPs thread on modding his up -ive adapted most of his ideas on my kity 419

Well this is the cabinet I am planning to build hence why I have the deliberation over keeping the sliding carriage or just getting shot of the thing.

cabinet.jpg
[/img]

I think you should give it to me so I can use it on the carriageless Kity I just bought. :)

Si.

I am building the exact same cabinet at the moment. My Elektra Beckum has a sliding carriage and I'm looking at using it with the new cabinet. Haven't worked out how to attache the top to the blue cabinet support sides yet though.

Done most of the work but need to assemble the components, hopefully over the week-end so will see how I get on.

I put together a Sketchup model to take of the size of my saw and also router table. PM me if you want a copy.

Hi - I have one and have found it both unfeasibly useful and totally in the way - I have a small garage workshop

I've taken it off and just put it back on for when I need it - which is a pain but saves space. To be honest though i haven't missed it but then I am a lowly (or should that be slowly) hobbiest who doesn't spend nearly as much time on 'wooding' as I'd like.

I reckon you should do as BSM suggested and mod it for slick removal & replacement which is what I plan

I bet your cabinet will look better than mine - which is my next job

and don't apologise for a TS 200 thread can't have enough of them in my view

Cheers

stoatyboy":12rpcmoz said:
and don't apologise for a TS 200 thread can't have enough of them in my view

I don't even have one and I find the TS200 threads interesting!

Ah well don't you worry I am sure I can create many more posts on the TS-200. Its kept my brain fairly busy and I barely get any time to tinker with it.

As mentioned I think finding a solution to incorporate and loose the sliding carriage may be the best option. Just need to get my thinking cap on now.

Just want to get the cabinet built now as I would quite like to finish the new fence and complete a review on the modification. So far though its a 10/10 but cant wait to be able to cut 8x4 sheets properly.

Back