• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Axminster SBW 5300 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

ProShop

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking around for bandsaws and Axminster have this model SBW 5300 Bandsaw. Has anyone used or seen one to give an opinion please.

Argee

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks very similar to my Jet 20", with which I'm very pleased. The only thing that needs improving is the dust collection, but that's fairly poor on most bandsaws I think.

Ray.

beech1948

Established Member
Reaction score
Felderman,
I think the SBW 5300 is a generic bandsaw from some Italian factory...I have seen that number used to describe bandsaws from D&M, Axminster etc etc. I think it is also sold as the Eurosaw 5300.

I suggest that you could look around quite a few web sites to see what you can find.

I have feeling that the 5300 gets mixed reviews. Sorry but I can't remember where I saw this except maybe in a magazine somewhere...I will try to find time to look it up. I used the larger Jet bandsaws as my base line for quality etc but still ended up with a used Startrite 252..which is absolute magic by the way.

By the way. I think we are the two Felder users in the various lists of "what kit do you have". Mine is a CF430 combo.