Axminster pallet of tools of unknown condition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of these pallets used to go for a reasonable price, about £300, I bid up to £200 then chickened out, you just don't know how bad they are.

If you are an enterprising person and got time on your hands it may be worth the gamble.

Martin

Just think why these are being sold for a while.

Almost certainly every item has been returned by a customer and for whatever reason is not able to be sold by axminster with any warranty even at reduced price.

So, just maybe, the odd item has been used and returned as unsuitable for the job in the eyes of the purchaser and is 'as new'.
The rest will likely be faulty. I have in the past tried to get spares for Chaiwanese tools from axminster and other dealers and been faced with either months of delay for special orders or no spares support at all.
So I would not bank on being able to replace broken/dead parts.

Buying a pallet full will certainly give you lots of 'stuff' for your money but the chances of much value either for your own use or repair and re-selling has got to be low.

Sorry to put a damper on your enthusiasm but unless you afford to write off the money as well as the cost of collection (because they will not deliver these pallets) I would stay away.

Bob

Hi Bob

Well made points.
Originally I'd seen it as potential source of :tool: money but I've come to the same conclusion as you especially as many of the items are relatively low value and so potential profit margin is low.

Roger

Just checked, someone thought it was worth gambling £551 on. Think of all the new stuff I could get for that money. :eek:

Pete

There is someone on Ebay selling that type of stuff. He must have bough a pallet load and is selling off what he didnt want. Would be interested to know if he made a profit. Some of the stuff is returns and in full working order.

I've just noticed that Axminster themselves are selling customer returns (with the caveat that some parts might be missing) on Ebay so I think this is likely to mean that it is even more likely that palleted tools could be faulty.

Bob

Especially as they recondition stuff as well and sell it on ebay and as 'Sid's Savers', at not a huge discount at all. These could well be the next tier down which they don't think are economic to recondition themselves - unless they just have have so many returns that they can't get rid of them individually.

Back