UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the moment, my Avatar's a shot of me walking into my workshop late one miserable night - It tickled me when I was looking through the stuff that ZoneMinder had captured. I tend to change every couple of months and usually use whatever I last made that I'm proud of.

Mine is a chair that I designed and made when I was working in Cameroon. It is for young children with Cerebral Palsy. It was, in part, making these chairs that got me interested in wood work again.

Steve

I change mine fairly regularly - I don't think too much about it usually. I chose this latest one because I was going to take a break from the forum when it was full of bickering and what-not. But things changed and I didn't get round to changing it. I'm waiting to finish my workbench first and i'll have a picture of that.

woody67":1zpqzf99 said:
Losos - putting up your avatar isn't too hard - quite similar to posting pics really, the only difference being the size - 80 x 80 pixels is a good un. Simply copy your chosen photo (as when you're posting pics) and paste it in the "Links to off-site Avatar" box in your profile area and hey presto! Mind you,it took me ages first time :oops:

Thanks woody - may try it tonight, I like a challenge :lol:

Losos":3kn22y0e said:
woody67":3kn22y0e said:
Losos - putting up your avatar isn't too hard - quite similar to posting pics really, the only difference being the size - 80 x 80 pixels is a good un. Simply copy your chosen photo (as when you're posting pics) and paste it in the "Links to off-site Avatar" box in your profile area and hey presto! Mind you,it took me ages first time :oops:

Thanks woody - may try it tonight, I like a challenge :lol:
When I first done it, it was massive and I got my wrist slapped by a moderator :shock: :lol:

Martin

Martin - I did the same too :oops: It was to be of a windmill and it came up nearly life size!

Mine is the view inside a replica boat called The Matthew, built in Bristol to recreate the voyage of John Cabot who discovered Newfoundland in 1497. I worked on it from 4 months after the keel was laid, right until she sailed. It was the most enjoyable job I have ever had. The work was hard, the timber sections massive, but I loved every minute of it.

EDIT: changed to a picture of my dog who died on 29/9/07.
Bye old fella!

Mine is a reflection of my life since I started turning....the further down the slope I slip, the more I seem to disappear into a pile of shavings.
Pete

mine i found in a mobile phone screensaver collection..
cracked me up so i modified it size wise and used it
no relevance other than we have 2 cats...

this current one i'm using as a mark of respect for Colin McRae. i bring it out occasionally for such purposes.

Mine is a picture I found on the net years ago that I have as a screensaver or wallpaper from time to time.

Was inspired by this thread to dig it out and change my usual bog standard and boring avatar !

It's a beautiful and massive, gnarled old tree in the New Forest, beech I think as the bark looks quite smooth but not certain, and a scattering of wild mushrooms in front of it (probably too small to see in the avatar version).

Combines my two favourite hobbies in one pic :lol:

Cheers, Paul.

Well mine is a clog, you can buy a pair just like them here, scroll down look for Laker.

Put it up as an aid to identifying me at shows a long time ago and have never got round to changing it, doubt as I will now. I like my wooden feet and even the bench height is set up for me wearing them.

Latest posts

Back