At last, turning again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maia28

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't had much of an opportunity to do any turning over the past year. Extending our home, making a new workshop and too much work has meant it was impractical or impossible. Anyway, the extensions now (nearly) complete and the workshop has been usable since Christmas. A few weeks ago we acquired a new pony, so while the rest of the family has been out for most of the weekend I've been doing some turning again. It's interesting that after a fairly long break I feel much more comfortable on the tools and its good to have everything in reach and at the right height for me. Some results are below, comments and suggestions always welcome.

Andy

dscf4036rr3.jpg

from L-R Oak 5Wx4H oiled, zebrano 5x3 waxed, oak 5x3.5

dscf4041fg4.jpg

centre elm 7x2 friction polish goblet 3x8 and natrual edge 5x4 are from some logs I "found" on the A27

dscf4043wq4.jpg

beech 6x3 and walnut 7x2

dscf4035ot4.jpg

dscf4037hi7.jpg

Glad to see you back with the spinning machine again Andy, you seem to have made the most of those pieces of wood, showing off the grain structure well.

Hi Andy, some nice work there, especially after your long break. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

All very nice,most with amazing colour/grain pattern :D
Personal favourites would be both goblets (the shapes are very visually appealing) the shallow elm bowl (amazing grain pattern) and the zebrano (never had any with sapwood on before)
Also like the oak (I always like oak) and...well,there isn't a single piece I wouldn't happily have on display 8)

Many happy turnings :eek:ccasion5:

Andrew

You've certainly made up for lost time Andy, must have been a great stress buster after a busy year: I like the variety!

Must be doubly satisfying, a comfortable workshop and producing some interesting work :wink:

What's next?

Thanks for the kind comments evryone. I should have said that this was a couple of weekends work rather than just yesterdays though. Its great to be able to just go down the end of the garden and unwind with some turning. It also helps me think too. I look forward to doing lots more. My new turning space:

dscf4059nv1.jpg

Back