Anyone know of a Flying Dutchman supplier in East Anglia?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammie*dodger

Established Member
Reaction score
I know I can order online but i'd like to take a look at these in person and have a chat with someone in the know. Does anyone know if I can go to a shop and see scrollsaw stuff in the flesh?

Also i'm just getting into scrollsawing (just got a used saw of here) and was wondering what a good wood to start off would be? I understand Ply differs quite widely so what sort of thing should I be looking for?

Thanks for the help, Rob.

hi rob
you can use almost any wood you feel like so long as its the right thickness and you have the right blade to cut it with. I have used Mikes flying dutchman blades and they are brilliant blades, but you will have to order from the internet as i believe there is no one in the uk selling them.
if you contact him he will (for the price of postage) send out a sample pack for you to try, and if you let him know what you intend to cut, he will advise of blades needed.
I have used Oak, ply, MDF, beech and pine and they have there different finishes but are easy to work with.
HTH

Thanks Steve. I plan to start out with a few toys - I have a pattern for a VW camper I fancy trying and have seen a Landrover that looks fun too. I'll give 3 or 5mm ply a try first I think.

Cheers, Rob.

Back