Anyone bought an Osborne EB3 in the last 2 months?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
If so, have you received it yet?

Ordered mine and shipped on the 23rd FeB and nothing so far :cry:

I've just ordered mine - although it's out of stock until 10th May.

Have you tried contacting the company you bought it from to see if they can track it for you?

I ordered mine towards the end of last year and even once shipped it took a long time to get through customs etc this end, around six weeks or more in total from shipping date I think.

Supplier couldn't track it once it left the US and just had to wait for it to surface, and then pay vat and further shipping fees to add insult to injury!

Didn't appear to be the suppliers fault. Should turn up eventually..........!

Cheers, Paul. :D

I recently asked members about custom charges when buying from the US, and after talking to a couple of people over the phone (in both the UK and US) I think it is just a lottery as to whether you get charged or not.

But I did find out that if you want your order delivered fast from the US, then you should ask the company you are buying the item/s from to get you a quote from USPS (not UPS who are a lot more expensive) using their Global Express Mail which takes 3 to 5 days from when they pick it up. I was told that you also have more chance of getting it through customs without any charges using them. I had a parcel with items worth $360 within it and I never got charged a penny, although I suspect that this might have been pot luck.

It will cost you a bit extra using their Global Express mail ($59 for the above parcel) but if you want your order quick then this is the way to do it.

They will tell you that the only thing that may hold your order up is the customs here in the UK while they contact you to tell you how much you owe them. If this happens then you may not receive it within the 3 to 5 day period, but even then you are only talking about a few days more.

Cheers

Mike

Back