Anyone any good at maths?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lancsrick, it's only correct if the down piece is perpendicular... and it's not, it's at 45o so the difference is less than 18mm

But it's not a measurement to the join of the A-D piece, it's the two edges of the top horizontal piece? Which means it is correct?

@The Bear I've realised why Mike and I don't agree on C-F - he has excluded the thickness of the top and bottom horizontals (i.e. internal height is 1150-18-18) whereas I haven't (i.e. internal height is 1150). Whichever is the right interpretation of your sketch will give you the answer.

LancsRick said:
But it's not a measurement to the join of the A-D piece, it's the two edges of the top horizontal piece? Which means it is correct?
Apologies, I had thought it was wall to B and wall to A. Probably because I was expecting those two measurements rather than one plus an essentially duplicate one!

Guys

Thanks for all the help I'm pretty sure I have the answer I need now. And sorry for any confusion created along the way.

Cheers

Mark

This is it in Autocad.
AAAAAAAA.JPG

Attachments

• AAAAAAAA.JPG
    AAAAAAAA.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 66
I know I'm not answering the question you asked, but I think a perfectly valid option - when getting other people to slice up (expensive) material for you - is to give them a full-size template (made of card or paper - I like to use heavy lining paper or cardboard for templating, but you can also use thin plastic sheet). For the cutter, they don't need to go through complicated measuring/marking out (you've "de-skilled" their work!) - and if they keep the template everyone can see that the output was "as specified" which gives them and you comfort against accuracy questions/blame later on . Cheers, W2S

W2S
They won't accept a template. Theres no measuring involved on their part, they "just" enter the measurement into a Holzma.
In other circumstances I can see the benefit of a template, or as I acknowledged earlier to Steve M, a rod.

Mark

Folks
Just to say, the back fitted perfectly. Thanks once again for the help
Mark

Attachments

• 7BD50F69-55BC-416A-B88F-EC7CAD24D2A6.jpeg
    7BD50F69-55BC-416A-B88F-EC7CAD24D2A6.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 19
  • CD7A69A9-5B72-4E50-898C-E4ECA56616F5.jpeg
    CD7A69A9-5B72-4E50-898C-E4ECA56616F5.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 19
Back