Anybody know someone near Oxford who can service machines?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasman

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Record C26 Plus combination machine - a rebadged Lurem C26.
I have owned it for about 7 years and it has given me sterling service. It was working fine until 3 months ago when we moved.
As some of you will have seen - we have recently moved house and I have just got a new workshop and am sorting it out. I had to move that machine 40m down the garden from the garage and I took the opportunity to take off the beds, clean everything, and reassemble with them flat (first time I think). I thought it was all fab until the electrician wired up my new 20A supply and it trips the RCD every time. He says there is an earth fault inside the machine but does not think he can fix it easily.
Record no longer sell or will maintain it - they gave me the number of a very helpful chap in Bromley - John - but he is busy and does not think he will get to me for weeks and weeks
I just wonder if anyone has any clever ideas - or knows someone (or actually themselves) who could fix it for me??
Thanks all
Cheers Mark

Its the sort of thing I do for a living but i'm too far really but could come on monday if you desperate.
Have you a wiring diagram for it?
was it connected to a rcd before? or just a mcb?

Ian

Algar Engineering in Eynsham are just down the road from you, they have done work on my machines in the past and are very good
Stuart

Ian thanks so much for the offer of coming on Monday. I cannot say it is desperate - this is a hobby not my job and I do have a separate thicknesser, track saw and router - I just need a solution in the next few weeks. Brilliant thanks so much I will try the Eynsham guys first and see how I get on. Yes I have the manual which has a wiring diagram
Cheers again
Mark

Stuart what a great suggestion - thank you.
I called Algar Engineering first thing Monday morning - he said they were really busy but would see what they could do. A 4th year apprentice called Tom came round the same afternoon and it was all fixed an hour or so later - a bare neutral cable inside one of the 3 motors was touching the casing so going to earth and tripping the RCD. So all fixed for the princely sum of £35 - I was so chuffed and grateful
Anyway just thought I would complete the thread and, for anyone near Oxford, give Algar Engineering a real thumbs up
Merry Christmas everyone
Mark

Latest posts

Back