Any Hammer k3 panel saw owners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myfordman":3nzhzi45 said:
MBcarpentry":3nzhzi45 said:
Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of my new toy it turned up last week but just got it wired up and running at the beginning of the week, it's a 3 phase machine so I had to get an inveter to run it , Bob (9fingers) a member on here sorted me out with an adapted inveter and it works a treat, Bob is a top man an very knowledgeable and I could highly recommend him if you need any help with this sort of thing.
Made a few little bits for my garage workshop and it sings very happy with my new saw :D :D

:wink: Thanks for the endorsement Mark. I'm glad that you are happy with the service provided. I'm not allowed to publicise what I do here myself so the odd plug from satisfied users now and then is much appreciated.

Bob

I'm more than happy to give you a plug Bob you were a great help to me not only with the kit but also educating me on a subject I knew very little about top bloke :wink:

Treat the K3 to some new teeth :D ordered a 28t rip blade from Felder and it turned up today

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 58
The blades just shine with the Felder quality literally the blade is polished to a high shine :D is the 14t blade the flat tooth blade?.
I did a test rip cut with it on some 63mm thick European oak and it slide through like butter :). I'v dropped the 96t cross cut blade that came with it to be sharpened as it seemed a little dull I think it will be ideal for laminate/veneer coated panels and i may invest in a 315mm 48t silent power crosscut blade for normal use on solid timber, can I ask which crosscut blade you use Peter?

MBcarpentry":8d6qrjg5 said:
The blades just shine with the Felder quality literally the blade is polished to a high shine :D is the 14t blade the flat tooth blade?.
I did a test rip cut with it on some 63mm thick European oak and it slide through like butter :). I'v dropped the 96t cross cut blade that came with it to be sharpened as it seemed a little dull I think it will be ideal for laminate/veneer coated panels and i may invest in a 315mm 48t silent power crosscut blade for normal use on solid timber, can I ask which crosscut blade you use Peter?

The 14 tooth is a flat top, we use the 48 tooth ATB for general general work on both solid and MDF including end grain work. We then swap out for the 72 tooth ATB for finer end grain or veneer work. I tend to buy them in sets of three when they come up on special offer.

Cheers Peter

MBcarpentry":1phgpk3b said:
Yeah Peter the 48t atb crosscut blade I was looking at, do Felder have blade deal on often?

Sign up to their website and you will get a catalogue / flyer through the post when the deals are on.

shed9":tczv7dfw said:
MBcarpentry":tczv7dfw said:
Yeah Peter the 48t atb crosscut blade I was looking at, do Felder have blade deal on often?

Sign up to their website and you will get a catalogue / flyer through the post when the deals are on.

I'm already signed up to there site got the catalogs a while back but no offers as yet maybe one soon then :D

Had another delivery from Felder today :D have all the basis covered now

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 21
Back