Any Hammer k3 panel saw owners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBcarpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all can anyone with a Hammer k3 winner table saw tell me what the outside dimension of the base of the saw is which sits on the floor?

Felder have some excellent documentation giving full and precise dimensions not only for the bases, but also for the sliding tables at full extension in each direction. The problem is they don't publish any of this good stuff on their website, but if you give them a call they'll email you the relevant diagram.

okay, lunch was curtailed due to a small child cooking muffins and commandeering the kitchen.

Base dimensions are 35" x 29.5" although there is a small section that juts out by abut 3" on the corner of the end of the slide (if that makes sense). The 35" dimension is the front.

Would probably be worth checking against Felder (or another user) though as mine is not the newest model out - assuming you are looking at the new model of course.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the help guys :D the company I'm buying off got back to me today and they said 760x960mm so sounds like they haven't change the dims on the base of this machine.

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of my new toy it turned up last week but just got it wired up and running at the beginning of the week, it's a 3 phase machine so I had to get an inveter to run it , Bob (9fingers/myfordman) a member on here sorted me out with an adapted inveter and it works a treat, Bob is a top man an very knowledgeable and I could highly recommend him if you need any help with this sort of thing.
Made a few little bits for my garage workshop and it sings very happy with my new saw :D :D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 150
And a quick shot of my garage workshop it's a tight space but I'v everything I need in there :D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 151
Looks like you got the mobile base sorted Mark, I'm sure you'll be happy with the saw they are great bits of kit. :mrgreen:
& you're right that 9fingers is a top bloke :D

Exact same setup as me, K3 Winner, A3 and N4400.

Just ordered some Jessem TS clear cut guides for the fence (itself an Incra upgrade). Will report back on the functionality of these when they arrive.

Hi Doug yeah got some steel angle frames fabricated at a local workshop and got the castors you recommended from rutlands, cheers for the heads up on those they really are good quality and work a treat. Have them on my k3 and my planer/thicknesser much better that the Hammer rolling carrage for my small shop.

Yeah Shed9 I love the Hammer machines, started with the P/T and progressed from there :D its a bit on the pricey side but is very good quality and I'v been lucky enough to be able to pick up some fairly new 2nd hand machines that will last me a life time.
I'v seen those Jessem clear cut guide they look a good bit of kit, let's know how you get on with them.

Hi Custard, yeah I'm already a member on the Felder owners group and it is a great forum not as active as the FOG or UK Worksop which is a shame but I suppose the member numbers will be significantly lower. This forum the FOG and the Felder owners group are all a wealth of information and I'm constantly browsing all 3.

MBcarpentry":ka0v7f23 said:
Hi Doug yeah got some steel angle frames fabricated at a local workshop and got the castors you recommended from rutlands, cheers for the heads up on those they really are good quality and work a treat. Have them on my k3 and my planer/thicknesser much better that the Hammer rolling carrage for my small shop.

I was lucky to work on a Hammer C3 quite a few years back (it was that that inspired me to go down the Hammer route with my new machinery) but I always found the rolling carriage rather awkward that's why I made my own when I bought my machines. Glad to hear it's worked out well for you.

MBcarpentry":3p3ydxdf said:
Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of my new toy it turned up last week but just got it wired up and running at the beginning of the week, it's a 3 phase machine so I had to get an inveter to run it , Bob (9fingers) a member on here sorted me out with an adapted inveter and it works a treat, Bob is a top man an very knowledgeable and I could highly recommend him if you need any help with this sort of thing.
Made a few little bits for my garage workshop and it sings very happy with my new saw :D :D

Thanks for the endorsement Mark. I'm glad that you are happy with the service provided. I'm not allowed to publicise what I do here myself so the odd plug from satisfied users now and then is much appreciated.

Bob

Yeah Doug the Hammer carriages would be fine if you have lots of space but still not the best, maybe ok if you have to move the machine once in a blue moon. But if you have a smaller space and move your machines more frequently as I do the the steel base with 4 swivel locking castors is the way to go for the heavier machines, I haven't yet put one on my bandsaw (still have the hammer kit on it) but may well do in the future but I do have my drill press and edge sander on mobile bases (which I knocked up from plywood and locking castors) having everything mobile for me is definitely the best option.

Latest posts

Back