Almost finished wardrobes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlneedshelp

Reaction score
I'd like to start by thanking all of the below for your helpful advice and input.

Woodchip, Petermillard, ajmacleod, bourbon, HOJ, Penny, mike.s, mar_mite, JakeS, Giff, Eric the Viking, fluffflinger and tobyriches.

Extra special thanks to JasonB for your help and response to my PMs.

So, here is the almost finished project. I have a small delay on one of the wardrobes because the doors only had 2 hinge holes cut and another 2 are being added.

This is how it started:

1.jpg

My first internal storage section:

2.jpg

First bits in place:

3.jpg

Test fitting of right hand wardrobe internals:

4.jpg

Hanging rails in place:

5.jpg

And again:

6.JPG

Doors on:

7.jpg

8.jpg

Most of face frame added:

9.jpg

First top coat on and face frame finished:

10.jpg

Reached the limit so I'll add the last 2 on a new post.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 111
Here are the last 2 pics.

11.jpg

12.jpg

So, I just need another top coat and have the handles for the top doors to add before I can call that one finished. I expect the other to be finished in the next couple of days with just the doors to add once they are returned with the additional hinge holes drilled.

One thing I struggled with at first was the finishing touches at the top. I couldn't find a cornice at any of the sheds so I had to make one in the end. Wickes had a clearance of some of their architrave and I managed to get a pack of 5 for £7. When I put one up it looked like it was missing something. In the end I added a second piece at right angles so that it overhung to give the effect of cornice. I'm happy with the look now and more importantly, so is the wife..... she is already googling to find me another project. I need a rest first, this was all done in the evening after work and I didn't even get the luxury of a weekend day to work on it solidly. Once I have finished the other, I am worried about what I am going to do with all of the space in my head as it is all I have thought about for the last 4 weeks.

Anyway, I am interested in your feedback and any areas of improvement you think I could make.

Once again, thank you for all the help. There is no way I could have done this without you.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 108
Back