Aldi offers 9th October 2008

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j

Established Member
Reaction score
A few cheap tools @ aldi next week
Table saw
Mitre saw
Router
Router table
Dowel set(dowels with drill bits and stops)
Biscuit set (biscuits with glue bottles and glue)
Bench morticer
Biscuit jointer

Now here's a thought, with most router inserts costing more than this router table, which is die-cast aluminium, it could be "inserted" into a larger table. It does come with a feather board and a NVR switch.

Shultzy":1gv32xqw said:
Now here's a thought, with most router inserts costing more than this router table, which is die-cast aluminium, it could be "inserted" into a larger table. It does come with a feather board and a NVR switch.

I like your way of thinking. I wonder how flat it might be.

PS that guy's in for a world of troubles if he pushes the wood in from that direction :lol:

I think I may go for the clamps, router and the biscuit jointer.

I use the NVR switch on the "Norm" router table i built :wink: No problems.

I had the whole router table from Aldi given me a few years ago.

I fancy the saw and router tables but haven't purchase Aldi kit before. Any good? I'm only a light ocasional DIY user so don't need anything too robust. I have a Bosch router that should fit the table ok.

I can't see any T&Cs on the offers. Whats does "Thursdays special buys" mean exactly? Have to buy on that day only or ?

It means they come into stock on that day and usually these deals get hoovered up in one day. Some stuff hangs around for longer. It's not like B&Q where there is a constant supply of stock. I guess this is a marketing ploy which seems to work well for these companies (Netto, Lidl, Aldi).

oh and please steer clear of the TS. It just won't be any good.

Even the RT will be poor quality overall.

I bought the router and table combination from aldi a couple of years back - still working perfectly - the only thing to note is that this year's router looks a tad different and I can't see if it has a height adjuster than can be easily used with the router in the table which the previous model had.

Have had lots of tools from aldi and never had any problems - am hoping to get the morticer this week.

Tim, if you buy the morticer, one word of advice.
Don't buy the chisels!
Cheap morticer chisels will give you muscles like Popeye, especially in hardwoods.
Also the machines needs to be bolted down or else you will be catching as it falls off the bench when you pull the handle.
DAMHIK

Roy.

thanks for the advice Roy.

I tend to have all my machines bolted down so will do so if I get this one.

Do you have suggestions as to what chisels to get without spending the earth - I would guess the aldi ones would be the equivalent to the £20/£25 sets the likes of screwfix have.

Clico are the top-end ones. But sit down when you look at the price.

My first comment there Tim is that I normally avoid buying sets of anything.
Take a full set of twist drills, £50?
And what do we do? We use the same half dozen nearly every time!
Buy what you need and buy the best you can afford.

Roy.

A word to the wise everyone, the base of the router is BIGGER than the inset of the underside of the router table :shock:
I found this out 2 years ago, however as Shultzy said, I have adapted the table to fit into a tabletop made by myself, not the best in the world, but with "fettling" has done a decent job, for my money the routers are GREAT, I have 3, and if I get a years usage out of them, it's good value to me for £20.00 each. it does the same job as a more expensive brand and I don't have to worry about sending it back if they go wrong which they have'nt done yet after 2 years, so I am winning in my opinion. :lol:

If you're not close to an Aldi jsb I can take a look tomorrow and give my opinion if you wish.

Roy.

Thanks for the offer, found there's one within a mile of where I work so I'll wander over and have a look. What do I look for in determining whether it's good or not?

For the money tempted to buy the BJ, router + table and morticer+bits and if it's no good just take it back. It's the only chance I'll get to have equipment like this.

Jonathan

Back