A new use for saw dust waste?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
as it happens I think they're awful, but nice idea:

shavings_260809_02.jpg

http://www.contemporist.com/2009/08/26/ ... v-avinoam/

looks like compressed and baked dog cowpat.

:shock: nice

EdSutton":19a78iar said:
Lee J":19a78iar said:

I was gonna say flapjack, but you're probably nearer!

Ed
I think your wife is leaving the flapjacks in the oven too long. I'd suggest you have a word.

(All said in a broad northern accent to emphasise the mock-chauvinism)

It's funny how things go around.
Back in the 1960s there was a factory in our village, 6 miles South of Reading, called Prestfibre.
They used to compress and mould sawdust into all sorts of things, furniture; car components etc.
I recall that it was coloured, usually with a speckle finish. Whether that was sprayed on or impregnated in some way I don't know.
I guess this was still in the days of Bakelite, so plastics hadn't taken over the world yet?
The frames for the chairs were made of bent steel rod which gave a nice springy feel.
The best thing I can remember were that the family who owned the firm were made about cars. E-types, Lotus 7s for the youngest son and so on.

The scrap waste used to burn like H*ll on November 5th! :twisted:

Jim

Lee J":td89zky4 said:

I concur Lee, but I would be more PC so as not to offend other readers and rather say it resembles a compressed and baked dog's stool! :wink:

woody67":24nnlvlm said:
Lee J":24nnlvlm said:

I concur Lee, but I would be more PC so as not to offend other readers and rather say it resembles a compressed and baked dog's stool[/b
]! :wink:

No need to get pedantic about it Woodyl , but with just the three legs it don't look too S turdy :wink: :wink:

joesoap":nf5mnfut said:
woody67":nf5mnfut said:
Lee J":nf5mnfut said:

I concur Lee, but I would be more PC so as not to offend other readers and rather say it resembles a compressed and baked dog's stool[/b
]! :wink:

No need to get pedantic about it Woodyl , but with just the three legs it don't look too S turdy :wink: :wink:

Point taken Joe! I too agree it is indeed a POO er design! :wink:

Back