A good day in the shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
I cleared a space in my shop today and as our daughter and her family came over, so I pressed SIL into helping with the new lathe, so it is now in the shop. \:D/
3415697725_b16246bb10.jpg

I had to have a go with it and having watched Bobhams videos I tried the cup and ball toy, well Bob you have nothing to worry about. :roll:
3416507118_f63c2cc255.jpg

The ball does fit in the cup, but I am hopeless at getting it in. :oops:
3416508030_5c86549994.jpg

But the most important thing job was helping my grandson with a wooden kit, we didn't get it finished, but he will be back. :D
3416509086_df230f6be1.jpg

I had to get a bottle of my glue out as the first squeeze he gave the supplied bottle emptied most of it on the floor. :? He gets so excited at joining me to 'make' something in the shop. (hammer)

Hi Dave,

Keep up the good work!! Now the yellow peril is set up there will be no stopping you :wink: :wink:

Richard

Looks like you did a good job on the toss toy! The lathe looks pretty good, as well.

If I might offer a suggestion, you might want to only use the offset tool rest base when you need it, such as when turning with the head swiveled. I am not familiar with that particular lathe but most that I have seen that have the offset tool rest base have a long enough shaft on the tool rest that it can be mounted directly into the cross slide tool rest base. The offset arm is just moving your load further from your attachment so can aggravate any vibration problem.

Take care
Bob

cornucopia":1whnfdvv said:
"cleared a space " how can you work with all that clutter though?

Honestly, that's clean for Dave :lol:

Well done Dave, I'd like to make one of those one day. Maybe when daughter is a bit older.

Glad to see you getting into the spin of things Dave, think you are definitely going to have to do something about all those shavings traps though, else the shop is going to rapidly resemble the Namibia sand dunes.

Mornin' Dave. Really nice job with the 'ball & cup' toy.

But I'm even more impressed by the photo of your workshop =D> =D> it is so like mine I could easily feel at home there. :wink: :wink:

jeez Dave, you must carry all your turning gear around in your pockets how could you find anything in there. Are you sure the Little fellow got out?.
REgards Boysie.

Back