Holzmann TS200 or Bosch gts 10xc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tris

What am I doing here?
Reaction score
Hi, looking to replace a very old Axminster hobby table saw and wondered which of the two above people would go for?

Much as I like the look of old iron machines I have enough projects in the pipeline already.

Space is not a problem for either of these, although I guess some sort of bench would be necessary for the Bosch. As far as I can see both of these have induction motors so should be quieter than the current brushed screamer.

Any thoughts or alternative ideas welcome

Should add I'm looking at cutting small drawer and box components, with the occasional bit of ripping 4x2 to size. No need to handle large sheets as they can be broken down with a track saw, but would like to produce accurate repeatable parts

As far as I can see both of these have induction motors so should be quieter than the current brushed screamer.
Out of interest - where did you find the information stating that Bosch gts 10xc has induction motor?
This does not sound right.

I did a search for the "Holzman TS200" and it looks identical to the very old Axminster TS200 table saw I just sold to a member on this forum. Literally identical, apart from the stand. I would most definitely not recommend you spend £800 on that, it retails for less (and so does the modern version by Axminster). I sold the full kit, sliding carriage, stand extension table and spare blades for £200 a couple months ago:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/thread...ing-fence-and-stand-essex-east-london.146074/

I did a search for the "Holzman TS200" and it looks identical to the very old Axminster TS200 table saw I just sold to a member on this forum. Literally identical, apart from the stand. I would most definitely not recommend you spend £800 on that, it retails for less (and so does the modern version by Axminster). I sold the full kit, sliding carriage, stand extension table and spare blades for £200 a couple months ago:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/thread...ing-fence-and-stand-essex-east-london.146074/
Yes, it does. That's only one model along from what I have at the moment :confused:

Back to the drawing board

There's a Dewalt table saw (I forget which one exactly) gets great reviews once it's set up correctly.... here it is in action:

If you want a quiet motor I'd stay away from Jobsite saws, unless it's not a deal-breaker them the new rutlands saw looks ok, similar to the DeWalt but cheaper with a few more features. Charnwood make a smaller tablesaw that I saw a good review on YouTube. My Axminster 10 inch is quiet and has a good blade but the fence was awful, I retrofitted a fence system that took a lot of fettling to get right.

Back