A few items made with a good friend yesterday.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonrms

Established Member
Reaction score
below are 4 pens made from the Jack daniels staves,

There is also a goblet made of laminated wood to give a differant / unique effect

and a damascus knife which is not 100% but just in its basic form... we ran out of time yesterday

I hope you enjoy...

gobletwoody.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-02-24

eurotopjdpenwoody.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-02-24

damascusknife.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-02-24

3slimlinejdpenswoody.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-02-24

dayswork.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-02-24

Just seen the pics and like the pens, but can't really see what's special about the 'heritage' of the wood - does it smell of JD?

mtt.tr pm sent... and yes I can make you up ANY pen you like.. from the slimlines 3 you see above or the euro top .. to a high class fountain pen..

Dave.. does the wood smell.. OOOOH yes... it is really intoxicating. the JD barrels for instance are 40 year old barrels in american oak.. the oak is stained nearly half way through and the aroma is well just visit my workshop!!!

Thank you Mark.. I appreciate the comment. its not perfect but it TURNED... lol out well.

if your after a nice fountain pen.. how about one like this..

this one you see is not for sale.. as its already sold... but what do you think

michaelsjdblankpen.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-02-26

I can make these up with any of the wood... so JD , Jim beam, Laphroaig or the churchills port.

jonrms":25w2klf5 said:
ok I have 260 views.. and not one reply...feeling a bit deflated.

I have found this in the past as well

Some people only like to look at photos and not comment

I like your goblet and pens :mrgreen:

Thank you blister..

as I was saying the slimline pens I sell for 11.50 each.. plus P+P at 3.50

they come in a plastic clear case with a red carpet so to speak.. and the base is black

and all come with a cert of authenticity.

These sell on ebay for 35£ plus 20£ P+P in america... I cant see or justify that cost... and feel its wrong to ever charge someone that.. I am happy to make 2£ on these.... well minus paypals fees ... than rip anyone off.

I love them.. and they also come with a bag of shavings.. so you can place your pen in there ever now and then to retain the smell....

just never use polish on them... never.. it will stip it of all former glory!

jonrms":i11g196b said:

I love them.. and they also come with a bag of shavings.. so you can place your pen in there ever now and then to retain the smell....

just never use polish on them... never.. it will stip it of all former glory!

I was wondering that! hence my earlier question :)
Dave

if you wernt so far south.. .you could come up and smell my workshop..

i got someone comming up from cambridge today to pick up a piller drill that I am giving away.. anyway I will ask him to post here and to give a totally independant review on it as well.. he might have to walk away with something..... he doesnt know it yet though.

Latest posts

Back