Biscuit jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ 35p each? 'spikes' instead of gluing in? Odd.
Didn't catch what they are made from but I'm guessing plastic. Only useful if you have no clamps. I use the plywood biscuits formerly known as Tanselli. You will snap a conventional biscuit across the diagonal but certainly not a plywood biscuit. The Domino has replaced biscuits to some extent. Lamello must be waiting for patents to expire before bringing out their own version. !

Wasn’t sure whether to make a new thread, but it’s part of my experimentation with jointing techniques for the crib:

Made myself a little slot mortiser for loose tenons, loosely based off the idea from Matthias wandals idea but simpler.

Height of cut adjusted by machine screw in the slot attached to the router faceplate

X and y movement via drawer runners with a stop for width of tenon

Observations:
- I used a ¼ inch cnc bit as that matches my router collar, with 6mm tenons there’s a tiny bit of play but allows for glue. I could get a 6mm bit and matching collar for a better fit

- for my test cuts I used the handle at the top to move the sled, there’s a bit of play in the horizontal sliders exacerbated by the lever effect of the handle, better to slide it from the bottom of the sled

- the stock dust extractor attachment doesn’t fit inside the housing, need to think of a solution for it.

I think this could be the solution, if I set up a fence and a stop I could make all the joints very quickly

IMG_4663.jpeg
IMG_4664.jpeg
IMG_4665.jpeg

Latest posts

Back