My reaons for leaving UKW

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Blister.

Sorry to see you go. I wish you all the best in what you are doing now and in the future.
As for what has gone on, I have no idea nor do I wish too. It is proberly pineapples anyway.

mind_the_goat":117127gt said:
If the government has come clean about the reversal of the train franchise then it seems a small matter for the mods to do similar for this

The government ultimately answers to the voters, not so the mods, they can act shamefully and not be held accountable. I pity the next person who is invited to be a mod and accepts, alongside the existing mods.

Regards
Peter

Blister":3fsvfyae said:
I said “ I Hate living in Dagenham “.....
What he actually said was "… Dagenham I hate the place, its full of our ethnic friends……."

SBJ,
"" You don't know what was said or done, the trail has been wiped - yet you think I should leave? lol. Well done Shurlock.

An objection was raised regarding the past conduct of Blister, the Mod team felt it was necessary to change the decision. It's done. Move on. I feel no shame or regret, some people will miss Blister, obviously from the responses here. In a week he'll be forgotten like all those others that have this sort of staged departure."

Well thanks for that snide gloating response.

and Well done Shurlock ....dragging the messages down to insults now.

So you have no integrity only smug self satisfaction.

You may feel no shame or regret but many many others do sincerely regret Blister leaving and would only cheer if you left. So its just all about a very old post which does not meet your Politically Correct views and sense of personal proprietry. Big man eh!!

Well well. We should be so grateful that you felt so satisfied to have contributed to this.

Oh well someone to add to my "enemy list" before I leave as well.

Alan G. Stopford-Beech

Are you going to take your enemy list with you?

It is rare that I post here. since I have a feeling that if I have little to add then the best is to watch and absorb such nuggets of wisdom that float past on the screen, and it has to be said that generally I have learned quite a number of good woody techniques from here, and there is a fine depth of experience and wisdom to be found, even when things get a bit heated over peoples pet subjects (sharpening comes to mind, you wouldnt believe how much I have learned about that thorny subject)
HOWEVER, when it comes to forum politics I recon I know a lot more than most on here , having modded on free chat forums, and currently being admin of one.(If you think there is controversy HERE...well...nuff said).

Now if, and I do say IF....that one post that has been mentioned above IS the sole , or main, reason for all this nonsense, AND if the substance of that post is as Jacob reported above then patently its all nonsense...
Firstly...go read the HRA..especially the bit about freedom of speech AND freedom of opinion. You or anyone else is BY LAW allowed to hold ANY opinion you want to, moreover, you are entitled BY LAW to express said opinion, in private OR in public, EVEN IF SAID OPINION IS "unpopular".

There is of course the over-riding caveat that you are not allowed to create or promote religious/racial/gender/etc hatred, freedom of speech and opinion presumes also responsibility.

In this this case if the substance of "that" post is merely as reported above then there is NO offense commited (except to the overly sensitive) since what is expressed is merely opinion....

you can say out loud and clear I dislike (insert target group here) what you CANT say is i dislike (...........) lets do (whatever) to them.

on a purely personal note...Blister...you disappoint me....you let em win....

It's seems to suit some to latch on to a particular aspect of this situation to form and express their views. Sorry, but the premise of the majority of posts on this thread is flawed. Flawed, ill-informed, speculative and wholly inaccurate.

Noel":2llnqj4y said:
No conspiracy, no threats and any decisions were not based on other people's views.
The situation is regrettable and I'm sorry it happened.

The government I think have a mandate, this does not apply here.

As for the HRA, of totally no relevance here.

Sorry Noel the Human Rights Act, does apply here. It's a bill of law and therefore applies anywhere in the UK or to UK citizens. You can't just take the standpoint of I don't like it so it doesn't exist.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

deserter":3cex38er said:
Sorry Noel the Human Rights Act, does apply here. It's a bill of law and therefore applies anywhere in the UK or to UK citizens. You can't just take the standpoint of I don't like it so it doesn't exist.

As I said, it has no relevance here, in this situation. Next you'll be quoting UN charters :)

Noel":3b8ojucj said:
It's seems to suit some to latch on to a particular aspect of this situation to form and express their views. Sorry, but the premise of the majority of posts on this thread is flawed. Flawed, ill-informed, speculative and wholly inaccurate.

Noel":3b8ojucj said:
No conspiracy, no threats and any decisions were not based on other people's views.
The situation is regrettable and I'm sorry it happened.

The government I think have a mandate, this does not apply here.

As for the HRA, of totally no relevance here.

So, if you want to quell the rumour mill...then tell the whole truth, better the dirty laundry is washed then left festering in a corner....For the majority, whom you so haughtily dismiss, the question of moderator probity hangs unanswered and the feeling of "something of the night" remains. I fully realise that you can...if you wish ...ban me for questioning your god like status (remember...I admin a potentially far more controvertial forum than this) but until the air is cleared then the question will be asked...just WHO is controlling the mods...and how.

As for the HRA ...IF and I do say IF (as above) that particular post and the stated quote from it are relevant....then so is the HRA. (At the least as a guide to what is acceptable or not).

SBJ":20v5mngp said:
beech1948":20v5mngp said:
i think the two complainers should be named and shamed and asked to leave.

Al

:shock: You don't know what was said or done, the trail has been wiped - yet you think I should leave? lol. Well done Shurlock.

An objection was raised regarding the past conduct of Blister, the Mod team felt it was necessary to change the decision. It's done. Move on. I feel no shame or regret, some people will miss Blister, obviously from the responses here. In a week he'll be forgotten like all those others that have this sort of staged departure.

I witnesses the thread and what you and the other backstabber had to contribute, I said then it was a disgusting way to behave, I say it again now.

It was quite clear that you had trawled through over three years of posts to find something you could use in an attempt to back up your sick and twisted hatred of this man and used it in a school playground like manner "Please sir, blister is calling people names sir" to attempt to belittle him and have the mod decision reversed.

Yes I wholeheartedly agree with Beech1948, you and the other backstabbing, stirring contributor should be asked to leave, and if you fail to do so you should be thrown out the door.

I have been a member here for about 2 weeks and contributed nearly as much as you have done in 3 years yet you feel you are a valuable enough member to denounce someone who has contributed over thirty times as many posts as you, been dedicated to helping others and improving the forum and has the respect of a great number of the members.

You are, IMO, unworthy of community membership and if I never see another post from you ever again it will still be too soon.

I would like to ask that before this thread gets any more heated that you please take a step back, don't jump to your own conclusions. The decision was made by the moderating team and myself and nobody else.

We're upset that Allen has decided to leave however can obviously understand how he must feel.

The situation wasn't handled very well by us at all but we do stand by our final decision. It certainly wasn't a nice decision to have to make especially after such a short space of time and we could of dealt with it better for which we apologise. As Noel has already mentioned, the whole situation is regrettable.

deserter":1em9xpi1 said:
Ah I see you edited your post, wise move.

Yep, I spelt relevance wrong.

ankledeep":gwbs4u4j said:
Noel":gwbs4u4j said:
As for the HRA ...IF and I do say IF (as above) that particular post and the stated quote from it are relevant....then so is the HRA. (At the least as a guide to what is acceptable or not).

Noel has said that post was not in fact the reason. But even if that wasn't the case, the HRA would still be completely irrelevant, as only state and quasi-state bodies are bound by the HRA by definition and UKWorkshop is not an organ of the state.

Ignoring that very fundamental point, although it would breach fundamental human rights for a state body to prevent someone from saying that Dagenham is a shithole because it is full of Blister-alikes (or whatever other category of human one chooses to substitute for that) that does not mean that the state is obliged to ignore the fact that someone was on (hypothetically) on record as hating white Essex people when appointing, say, magistrates to the Romford Magistrates Court.

That would just be stupid, and although people are fond of saying the law is an ass, they are usually looking at their reflection when they do so.

The HRA is irrelevant, totally so. At least that much is clear!

deserter":31jhmnxy said:
Noel":31jhmnxy said:
deserter":31jhmnxy said:
Ah I see you edited your post, wise move.

Yep, I spelt relevance wrong.

Nope originally you wrote the HRA does not apply here.

Which it doesn't and certainly not in this situation.

So what

remember...I admin a potentially far more controvertial forum than this

forum is that then?

And if being a mod is god like, I'd make sure it rained all day in Cheshire tomorrow. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back