just a few pens this sunday that were made..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonrms

Established Member
Reaction score
made these with the help of a friend.. as I havnt tried some of the kits or materials before..

this is a staghorn chola cactus that I made resin for and then turned it into a streamline pen.. alot of work has gone into it.. not perfect but see the photos below
slimlinecholoacactus.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

dscf7124p.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-06

dscf7137.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-07

this is a new pen that is called the roman harvest pen.. rather chunky but just right. hard to describe. top of the line parts.. not plastic!
romanharvestmapleburl.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

these two are a pair one rollerball and one fountain made in a gentlemans pen kit but with a wood and resin mix see the scroll/fret saw work involved.

seahorsegents.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19
dolphinresinusagents.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

these are made from jr gents and are redwood burl again a pair fountain and rollerball
jrgentsredwood.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

This wasnt made but repaired on sunday because I put the clip over the mechinism instead of under it
madefromoldwoodtablelet.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19
This is made for the Rotary club in torrington ct usa. its where my father belongs to its a fillagree pen with ebony wood. photo does not do it justice but its going for charity and has the rotary emblem on the top of the pen.
rotaryblackwood.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

50 cal bullet pen with deer antler.. yes its a real shell
deer50cal1.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19
and finally this is for my sisters wedding.. its my gift
sarahandadam.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

Those are a really interesting mix. I would never have thought you could combine resin and wood. I love the scroll saw motifs in the resin and the other pens are lovely. You must be very pleased with them.

Thank you all, I know that pens are usually glossed over on here for what ever reason... and I always like to push the limit and do things differantly, like we all do with any turnings.

I am pleased that you can see the wow factor.

Thank you all again for your kind comments!!!

OOOH btw.. I wish someone could cut me loads who is really good with a scroll/fret saw.. it takes me piggen ages to cut tiny shapes like that!!!!

ANYONE? will pay!

What finish did you use on the 50cal, I gave one to my nephew I would like to be able to seal it. I have ordered Rinasince wax would that fit the bill?

Steven... I think your the same Steven on the other forum... wink wink.. but I used sanding sealer.. and hut wax to seal it... works a treat!!!

Ye, you are right same Steve. I would not have thought of sanding sealer first, I will try and get the pen back to seal it. If he will let it out of his grip. He is in the Air Cadets and took it with him for a week straining and made his own pouch for it (I have not seen that yet) to keep it safe in his uniform.

You do need to be a big lad to use it, I found it a bit top heavy but if you have the grip it can be comfortable to use. Not what I would call a girls pen.

its no slimline bud.. ask woody .. I know your in glasgow.. so I will have to pop up one time when I am with the inlaws.. they are only in bonnyrigg... near edinburgh..

anyway or pop down for a day.... / weekend of this.. you will learn a heck of alot with woody!!! he really knows his stuff bud.

Back