2nd turning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
caretaker":2jnzd07c said:
Hi Shaun,
I think I will have a little trip out tomorrow to Axminster (100 miles each way) if I can get round the wife, I will offer her lunch at West Bay.
Is there anything else that I may need, or you can recommend.
Any tips.

If you are going that way it is worth a visit to Yandles, http://www.yandles.co.uk/

They stock everything you need for woodturning and more including a bigger selection of pen bits than Axminster, and there is a very nice pub next door which does wonderful food and beer.

Just make sure you have plenty of money with you.

john

Hello John.
Never been to Yandles.What are the ww shows like.I see theres one coming up soon.
Would it be worth a visit from Birmingham :?:
Paul.J.

HI Paul

I have never been to one of their shows but a couple of people I know have been and say they are well worth the trip.

The shop is well worth a visit they have a large selection of machinery and tools, for all types of woodwork but especially turning. They seem to carry just about all the project accesories in the craft supplies catalogue as well as other bits and pieces.

The highlight though is their wood store. There is a barn outside which holds all the planks which includes exotic as well as native. Then inside there are some large rooms full of turning blanks, burrs, logs etc.

john

caretaker":480emyav said:
Hi Shaun,
I think I will have a little trip out tomorrow to Axminster (100 miles each way) if I can get round the wife, I will offer her lunch at West Bay.
Is there anything else that I may need, or you can recommend.
Any tips.

cant think of anything else but they sell other kits as well so you might come back with some other stuff :wink: just watch out for needing extra bushings and different size bits.

Back